Air Con Fixed?

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Stedmeister wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:10 pm My partners 2016 CX3 “supposedly” had the condenser replaced last week at our local dealers. Driving the car today I noticed some condensation in the cabin whilst driving which in my opinion shouldn’t happen in an air con environment. Also when turning the temp all the way down it just wasn’t cold.

Have any other members had this problem of being told its “fixed” only to find otherwise and if so what was the underlying cause (could be of course we have a leak but I would have thought the dealer would have pressure tested the system)
Did you actually have the aircon on when turning it all the way down? Sounds stupid but....? Also when the outside temp is around 10 degs the 'control logic' may be faulty and not giving the correct inside temp - a known fault where the twin control panel is changed - search here in the forum and you'll find info on it.
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...

st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Stedmeister wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:10 pm My partners 2016 CX3 “supposedly” had the condenser replaced last week at our local dealers. Driving the car today I noticed some condensation in the cabin whilst driving which in my opinion shouldn’t happen in an air con environment. Also when turning the temp all the way down it just wasn’t cold.

Have any other members had this problem of being told its “fixed” only to find otherwise and if so what was the underlying cause (could be of course we have a leak but I would have thought the dealer would have pressure tested the system)
My car purchased in April 2016 had the condenser leakage problem in early 2017 and the condenser was replaced. Then in early 2018 I experienced the faulty control unit problem - i.e. always warm air unless the temp control was set to max cold when it output freezing cold air - and the unit was replaced.

I guess with 3 potential problem areas on the a/c system - evaporator, condenser and control unit - Mazda unfortunately won't authorise all 3 to be changed just in case and it means each problem is dealt with individually as they occur.

In your partner's situation, I would definitely take the car in to the dealer for either the evaporator leakage problem or control unit to be checked out and fixed. This is obviously urgent if the 3 yr warranty period will be finishing soon.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
Stedmeister

Post by Stedmeister »

Thanks Strangeways. They did say they had regassed it hence treason why I wondered about the pressure test. Will ask about the evaporator though.(must admit never heard of an evaporator!)
2016 Soul Red Sport Nav. Manual petrol.
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Stedmeister wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:40 pm Thanks Strangeways. They did say they had regassed it hence treason why I wondered about the pressure test. Will ask about the evaporator though.(must admit never heard of an evaporator!)
The evaporator is the indoor heat exchanger. The condenser is the outdoor heat exchanger.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
Boyle de Cabbage

Post by Boyle de Cabbage »

My car is 2015 and has had the controller for air-con and an evaporator replaced. Its now out of warranty and today I needed air-con and got warm air. What's the likelihood of getting Mazda to fix this for free?
Mazda paint is crap! Mazda should be ashamed of themselves!.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

If you declined the invitation to extend the warranty then I think it's unlikely. If you've had the vehicle serviced on time by a Mazda authorised servicer since new, then it would be worth asking your dealer or contacting the Customer Service Centre directly and asking if they would be prepared to do anything as a gesture of goodwill.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd