Little yellow spanner (wrench?) warning light

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Dogfuzz

Post by Dogfuzz »

Booked my car in for it's first service on 19/3-as advised via paperwork.Purely by coincidence-the maintenance yellow light came on yesterday and has stayed on. How long before a service is due does this light show please? Should I try to bring my service forward ? Is the light a general time indicator of service due after 12 months or a signal that some other more urgent maintenance is requiring instant attention.?
Car running well. 4000 miles covered.
Many thanks
CX-3 SPORT NAV ,5 DOOR HATCHBACK,1998CC,PETROL-2018

TINO

Post by TINO »

Just had the light come on mine 1200 miles booked in for service due at 12500 or 12 months all done ok.
The wifes sport black 3 doing the same as yours 7 months old 6000 miles yellow spanner. Asked the main dealer when mine went in they said it is 12500 or a year. just reset the computer, cancel the yellow spanner.
The middle of the road is a dangerous place, you have to take sides. :)
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

In settings it can be reset to another date if it's the service reminder... not sure if it can be if it's the oil change reminder?... There's also a tyre rotation reminder in the same menu.
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

The spanner symbol could signify scheduled service due in next 250 miles or 15 days (whichever comes first);
tyre rotation is recommended within the next 250 miles, or;
an oil change is due either within the next 250 miles or if flexible oil change is set, within the next 300 miles/remaining days are less than 15.

You can check by:

1. Select the Applications icon on the home screen of the infotainment screen.
2. Select “Maintenance” to display the maintenance list screen.
3. Switch the tab and select the setting item you want to view.

Your scheduled service/fixed oil change period may be currently set to 6 months, whereas in the UK the recommended period is 12 months or 12,500 miles (whichever comes first).
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd