Number plate detaching

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Runnerbean

Post by Runnerbean »

The rear of the CX3 gets very dirty, and whilst washing around the number plate I noticed that the sticky pads which hold the plate on were detaching on the outer edges of the rounded bodywork. I suppose this is a cheaper way to attach the plates but it doesn't look to be very secure. It may be worth keeping an eye out when washing the car before the plate drops off.

IMG_2062 (2).JPG

CX3 - Sport Nav + - Petrol - Manual - 2wd - Soul Red Crystal - 2018

DaveG

Post by DaveG »

I may be wrong but is your number plate in a holder and not fitted directly to the bodywork, I have never had a problem with sticky strips on a flat surface provided both surfaces are thoroughly decreased.
But if it is in a holder most suppliers of these suggest self tappers are the best method of fixing.
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019
Turbo

Post by Turbo »

If you go to Genaral Traffic Car Parts you can roll of special sticky for number plates, providing you clean off both the paint and the plate thoroughy you won't be able to get the plate off without destroying it. The tape backing is a deep green and the tape is black, don't get any other !!

PS..... Make sure you get it aligned first time, as soon as it touches even without pressing in down you probobly won't get a second chance !!
I usualy place the plate first, get some masking tape and surround it to make a box
2019 CX-3, 2.0 Sport Nav+, Soul Red, Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Petrol, Manual.
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

odd that number plates are normally attached securely with screws
Lexus 250h UX premium sport edition