Headlights

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

fourbanks wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:54 pm
Strangways wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:46 pm
BWJ wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:33 pm

Dangerous, why ??
My lights turned themselves on and a car pulled out in front of me thinking I was indicating to him. I did manage to stop about 50 mms from his door. The look on his face i will never forget. I have never used the auto function since. I did follow a car last Year and the same thing happened. Someone is going to get killed, don't let it be you. Use your own judgement. You can't claim on your insurance if you are dead.
very true you need to make sure your lights are on. just coming on at random at dusk is a danger' but as I've said before most chiefs of business are not into fine detail only profit hence a car is never complete. you always have to find out before purchase where the penny pinching has gone on.

in my new 2019 ax3 sports I don't have a led DRL only halogen or a Bose sound system. neither of them are an extra so should they be important you would then need to purchase another ax3 model. and then if you do that you then find what I have on my model is missing on the upgraded model so you can never win
Yes I don't understand why they produced the Sport model. It does have a few aesthetic improvements but at the cost of some useful additions like the LED headlights etc.. I don't know where the Sport fits into the CX-3 range. Having said that what is important to one person is not always important to another. I did look at the Sport, but the LED and BOSE won the day :D
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED

Rufus

Post by Rufus »

As I understand it fourbanks has a Sport Black, as do I. This is a limited edition that has black full leather seats with electric adjustable drivers seat which is excellent if you share a car, black door mirrors and a gt style rear spoiler. However, I assume in order to keep the cost down, missing from the normal Sport Nav spec are the Bose system, LED DRL’s and headlights and (thankfully) keyless entry.

I find the standard stereo set up excellent and don’t miss the Bose (having driven a Mazda 3 with one fitted). I’m satisfied with non LED DRL’s however I do miss the excellent LED headlights. I have managed to mitigate this somewhat by fitting Osram Nightbreaker bulbs.
CX-3 Sport Black+, Eternal Blue, Petrol, Auto
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Rufus wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:59 pm As I understand it fourbanks has a Sport Black, as do I. This is a limited edition that has black full leather seats with electric adjustable drivers seat which is excellent if you share a car, black door mirrors and a gt style rear spoiler. However, I assume in order to keep the cost down, missing from the normal Sport Nav spec are the Bose system, LED DRL’s and headlights and (thankfully) keyless entry.

I find the standard stereo set up excellent and don’t miss the Bose (having driven a Mazda 3 with one fitted). I’m satisfied with non LED DRL’s however I do miss the excellent LED headlights. I have managed to mitigate this somewhat by fitting Osram Nightbreaker bulbs.
That is useful for people to know Rufus. The GT does look good and I nearly bought one, maybe if I had known about the bulbs I would have been swayed. Thanks for posting the info.
Last edited by Strangways on Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Thanks Strangways. The Osram Nightbreaker Laser bulbs make a huge difference imo as it’s a whiter light. I also replaced the sidelight bulbs with Osram cool blue bulbs as the originals had a horrible yellow colour. Cost of two headlight bulbs £27 and sidelights £6. Having said that the LEDs as fitted to the Sport Nav are better. Maybe next time I’ll save up some extra cash and go for a Sport Nav with leather (oh and AWD).
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

I'm not really a fan of leather, but I did consider the AWD. Then I realised that I don't go out if the weathers bad so it really wasn't an issue :D
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Leather is nice but the real boon for me is the electric memory drivers seat that comes with leather. It’s especially useful when you share the car with your wife who likes driving around with her nose touching the windscreen!
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Rufus wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:17 pm Leather is nice but the real boon for me is the electric memory drivers seat that comes with leather. It’s especially useful when you share the car with your wife who likes driving around with her nose touching the windscreen!
Yes I can understand that. Unfortunately my wife has MS so I'm the only driver which means the electric seats are not really any benefit.
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

Rufus wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:17 pm Leather is nice but the real boon for me is the electric memory drivers seat that comes with leather. It’s especially useful when you share the car with your wife who likes driving around with her nose touching the windscreen!
You let your wife drive your CX3? I don't as she seems to be a scratch/dent magnet in her own car.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

HouseSpider wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:21 am
You let your wife drive your CX3? I don't as she seems to be a scratch/dent magnet in her own car.
As the car is registered in my wife’s name it would seem churlish not to.
switchback

Post by switchback »

Shame the black leather Sport Black seats aren't available on the Sport Nav. Stone leather is too pale for me..............
2018 CX3+ Sport Nav 120 Petrol Manual. Machine Grey.