Headlights

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
DrewUK

Post by DrewUK »

I’ve got the safety pack on the new car and am happy with the adaptive led headlights (ALH). So far works really well and definitely makes night driving much more pleasant. I’ve noticed the lights no longer swivel left and right as they did on my old model is this correct?
CX-3 Sport Nav+, Soul Red Crystal, 2.0 Petrol, Automatic, Safety Pack.

Strangways

Post by Strangways »

I don't know, maybe because the ALH system has a wider beam it is probably unnecessary to include the AFS system as well.
My CX-3 has the AFS system and my MX-5 has the safety pack with ALH. I don't generally drive my MX-5 at night so I haven't noticed if the lights 'swivel'. I also refuse to turn my lights onto the auto setting so the ALH is a little bit wasted on me. :D
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
Turbo

Post by Turbo »

DrewUK wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:26 pm I’ve got the safety pack on the new car and am happy with the adaptive led headlights (ALH). So far works really well and definitely makes night driving much more pleasant. I’ve noticed the lights no longer swivel left and right as they did on my old model is this correct?
Hi Drew.
Our headlights swivel on bends, I tend not to notice it as much on wide fast bends but on slower tighter bends it's very noticeable. They seem to swivel totally independent to each another like a chameleon, I think they are great well worth the extra cost :D
2019 CX-3, 2.0 Sport Nav+, Soul Red, Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Petrol, Manual.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Strangways wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:06 pm I don't know, maybe because the ALH system has a wider beam it is probably unnecessary to include the AFS system as well...
That seems a reasonable assumption. However, if you have got AFS (swivelly headlights) there will be a setting to turn off/on that feature on the Infotainment screen. (The option can sometimes get unticked as a result of an OS update).
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

jtonline wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:34 pm
Strangways wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:06 pm I don't know, maybe because the ALH system has a wider beam it is probably unnecessary to include the AFS system as well...
That seems a reasonable assumption. However, if you have got AFS (swivelly headlights) there will be a setting to turn off/on that feature on the Infotainment screen. (The option can sometimes get unticked as a result of an OS update).
I did see that on my CX-3, but I haven't noticed that on my MX-5 with the safety pack option. I will have a look next time I take it out.
DrewUK

Post by DrewUK »

Thanks for the replies

I’ve had a quick check in settings/lighting but there’s only a check box for ALH. I wonder if the swivelling only happens when you manually switch headlamps to on. I usually leave it on auto.

Will try it out next night drive 👍
CX-3 Sport Nav+, Soul Red Crystal, 2.0 Petrol, Automatic, Safety Pack.
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

DrewUK wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:23 pm Thanks for the replies

I’ve had a quick check in settings/lighting but there’s only a check box for ALH. I wonder if the swivelling only happens when you manually switch headlamps to on. I usually leave it on auto.

Please be very careful using the auto setting it really can be very dangerous.
BWJ

Post by BWJ »

Strangways wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:30 pm

Dangerous, why ??
CX3 2.0, Aut. Nav. Optimum SRC. dec. 2019.
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

BWJ wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:33 pm

Dangerous, why ??
My lights turned themselves on and a car pulled out in front of me thinking I was indicating to him. I did manage to stop about 50 mms from his door. The look on his face i will never forget. I have never used the auto function since. I did follow a car last Year and the same thing happened. Someone is going to get killed, don't let it be you. Use your own judgement. You can't claim on your insurance if you are dead.
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

Strangways wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:46 pm
BWJ wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:33 pm
Dangerous, why ??
My lights turned themselves on and a car pulled out in front of me thinking I was indicating to him. I did manage to stop about 50 mms from his door. The look on his face i will never forget. I have never used the auto function since. I did follow a car last Year and the same thing happened. Someone is going to get killed, don't let it be you. Use your own judgement. You can't claim on your insurance if you are dead.
very true you need to make sure your lights are on. just coming on at random at dusk is a danger' but as I've said before most chiefs of business are not into fine detail only profit hence a car is never complete. you always have to find out before purchase where the penny pinching has gone on.

in my new 2019 ax3 sports I don't have a led DRL only halogen or a Bose sound system. neither of them are an extra so should they be important you would then need to purchase another ax3 model. and then if you do that you then find what I have on my model is missing on the upgraded model so you can never win
Lexus 250h UX premium sport edition