Cost of ownership after 12 months?

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
AJESSEX

Post by AJESSEX »

I assume your new AWD price of £26k is for an automatic as my new manual AWD was about £24500. In addition to what was a very good px on my MX5 ,my dealer eventually agreed to a discount off the CX3 of just over 10%.That was an outright purchase.In my case the new car was actually at the dealers, so not a factory order.This was in November 2018.Since that time my dealer has had a number of used petrol CX3 ,which I have monitored and they have all sold very quickly.Thus,being desirable there seems little risk for dealers giving good px prices as they will shift the stock quite fast.
2018 CX3 Sport Nav+ petrol AWD.
Jet Black.

Lincolnshire Wolds.

clawhn

Post by clawhn »

The days of "cash is king" is a thing of the past when negotiating a discount on a new car sale. I bought a new CX3 in Dec last year because I was offered a good trade in on my old Honda, an OK discount on the car + a contribution of £1250 if purchased on finance. I settled the finance off in full within the 14 days cool off period (paying approx £10 interest). Happy days. I think the finance contribution increased to £1500 recently.
2018 Mazda CX3 Sport Nav+ Petrol Manual Eternal Blue. Detachable tow bar. Blaenavon, South Wales.
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

Strangways wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:40 am
Handy Andy wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:23 pm
Strangways wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:30 pm

I think that's a good rule of thumb guide. I believe the average is 50% after five years, so Andy's formula stacks up.
A Citroen will probably depreciate a little more, but Andy can confirm that later :lol: Sorry Andy couldn't resist.
Believe me Strangways, this decision has been made out of necessity not desire. The old Land Rover 90 needs a new chassis for the MOT, I knew it was coming, the new owner intends to rebuild it on a galvanised chassis, something that is beyond me. If I could afford to keep the Mazda I would, but I can't hence the need to change. There is very little out there for 30k that has a boxy boot. Most cars has a sloping rear window that won't work for me, so Citroën it is. If the lottery ever comes up I would have another CX-3 purely for its driving characteristics and build quality.
Andy.
That's a real shame Andy. And if I win the Euro Millions tonight I will buy you another CX-3.
In our dreams :D
Car sold - but still following Mazda.