boot compartment

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

does anyone know what the little compartment built into inside of the top of the boot is for.
Lexus 250h UX premium sport edition

Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

If you are referring to the one on the right it is for storing the jack when a spare is fitted.
Car sold - but still following Mazda.
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

thanks. does the car come with a jack do you know as all I have is just 2 towing bolts and a tyre repair kit
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

No a spare is not standard but is available from Mazda as a full kit including steel space saver, jack and replacement foam inserts to fit around the wheel. A lot of people on here also source non Mazda spare wheel from independent suppliers and either go without the replacement foam inserts or just buy them from Mazda. It can work out a bit cheaper that way. It depends if you can be bothered with the faffing about. I got mine from Mazda.
You can fit a full sized alloy spare in the wheel well but you do lose the ability to have the boot floor on the lower setting.
Car sold - but still following Mazda.
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

Handy Andy wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:10 am No a spare is not standard but is available from Mazda as a full kit including steel space saver, jack and replacement foam inserts to fit around the wheel. A lot of people on here also source non Mazda spare wheel from independent suppliers and either go without the replacement foam inserts or just buy them from Mazda. It can work out a bit cheaper that way. It depends if you can be bothered with the faffing about. I got mine from Mazda.
You can fit a full sized alloy spare in the wheel well but you do lose the ability to have the boot floor on the lower setting.
Thank you andy' very much appreciated :)