Satnav update

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Turbo

Post by Turbo »

ivan wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:15 pm
Turbo wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:34 pm
ivan wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:20 pm Thanks Turbo. That got me half way. Now I can't figure how to include the inverted commas bit that I am replying to.
It's probably "obvious" but I cant 'crack it.
Thanks Turbo. I've tried that on this one but I'm not sure if it worked. Yes the pork pies are quite tasty.
Perfect Ivan :D
2019 CX-3, 2.0 Sport Nav+, Soul Red, Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Petrol, Manual.

st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

ivan wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:36 pm I just successfully updated my CX3 Satnav. I followed the advice and clicked Backup just in case.
Didn't need it but out of curiosity I tried to find it in my PC. Couldn't find it. Anyone have any ideas where it would be?
As jtonline said in his reply, it's probably held on the Mazda Naviextras servers. In fact, the backup process is so extremely quick it must just be a flag held against your username allowing a restore - essentially a reinstall - to take place were the files on SD card become corrupted in some way.

It may be of interest that the install files downloaded when running the install process in the Toolbox app are stored on the user's PC - for Windows, it is in the folder C:\Users\{Username}\AppData\Roaming\Mazda\download_cache. These are not removed once the SD card has been successfully updated until I assume the next download takes place. They take up around 6 GB currently. I doubt if these would be used in the restore process.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016