So Called "Automatic" Handbrake

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Turbo

Post by Turbo »

Is anybody having issues with this so-called "automatic" handbrake being intermittent ?
Ours sometimes works automatically perfectly, and other times not.
The handbook criteria is adhered to each time but it's still intermittent. Very dangerous !!
2019 CX-3, 2.0 Sport Nav+, Soul Red, Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Petrol, Manual.

Strangways

Post by Strangways »

If you mean the automatic hold foot brake then no I'm not having any issues with it. As long as I put enough pressure on it then it comes on and stays on without any issues.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
Turbo

Post by Turbo »

Strangways wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:11 am If you mean the automatic hold foot brake then no I'm not having any issues with it. As long as I put enough pressure on it then it comes on and stays on without any issues.
No the auto hold works perfect, it's the electric handbrake
2019 CX-3, 2.0 Sport Nav+, Soul Red, Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Petrol, Manual.
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Turbo wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:34 am
Strangways wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:11 am If you mean the automatic hold foot brake then no I'm not having any issues with it. As long as I put enough pressure on it then it comes on and stays on without any issues.
No the auto hold works perfect, it's the electric handbrake
As far as I know my handbrake is working okay, but I have an auto so I only ever put it on when it's in 'P'ark.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
rbroadbe

Post by rbroadbe »

The electric handbrake (marked P) is not automatically applied is it? Its only released automatically, and that only happens if other conditions are ok (e.g. seatbelt on)..

The auto hold is automatic but as mentioned above, does need to have the car at a total stop using the footbrake for it it work.
CX-3 Sport Nav+, Soul Red Crystal, 2.0 Petrol, Manual, Safety Pack.
Turbo

Post by Turbo »

rbroadbe wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:15 am The electric handbrake (marked P) is not automatically applied is it? Its only released automatically, and that only happens if other conditions are ok (e.g. seatbelt on)..

The auto hold is automatic but as mentioned above, does need to have the car at a total stop using the footbrake for it it work.
Ours automatically applies as you stop, and realises as you let your clutch up sometimes!
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

Are you confusing the handbrake with the hill start assist?
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
Turbo

Post by Turbo »

HouseSpider wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:46 am Are you confusing the handbrake with the hill start assist?
We don't have Hill Start Assist so no, we have Auto Hold.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Turbo wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:57 pm
HouseSpider wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:46 am Are you confusing the handbrake with the hill start assist?
We don't have Hill Start Assist so no, we have Auto Hold.
I thought they were the same thing?

Do you have auto hold or an auto handbrake???
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

I think members are getting a bit confused regarding your problem with the hand brake. The handbrake has to be applied manually, and releases automatically. Are you saying it sometimes fails to release when you pull away. Or does it fail to go on when applied.
Mine has always worked fine so far.
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019