paint

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

as we all know in that chips on paint are common. my local paint body shop of 40 years says its not common and just down to bad practise by the manufacturers with japan being the worst. he very rarely encounters any chips on cars that he has resprayed. does anyone here have any thoughts on why japan has this difficulty. is there any online further reading on this matter
I myself have had a few Japanese cars over the past 45 years and I can vouch that japan is bad and in the old days it was rust. I don't recall any chips on my non Japanese cars over that time frame
Lexus 250h UX premium sport edition

switchback

Post by switchback »

I think it's the water based paints they use now.
2018 CX3+ Sport Nav 120 Petrol Manual. Machine Grey.
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

switchback wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:14 pm I think it's the water based paints they use now.
could well be'
my last japenese franchise I was with were very bad hence after 20 years with them I gave up. they had no head office service base other then PR and never in your favour. in their favour they were very very reliable and should they at some point put some sort of up to date suspension in their cars then things would look a lot better for them. plus of course learning how to paint a car would help. if it hadn't of been for my dealer who was excellent in every way I would have left the franchise in a few weeks instead of going round in tatty reliable cars for 20 years and losing money every few years
my dealer was the only one to give me a book part exchange' it was just too embarrassing to take the car elseware that's how bad it was. it looked like I had been in a war zone and was shot at with a machine gun :lol:
Lexus 250h UX premium sport edition