Adaptive reset

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
BWJ

Post by BWJ »

Do CX3 have have the possibility to reset ecu like ex. Mercedes has, and in that case how?
And have we access to engineering mode in MZD commander, and how?
Last edited by BWJ on Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CX3 2.0, Aut. Nav. Optimum SRC. dec. 2019.

BWJ

Post by BWJ »

Nobody ?????
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Music + Favourites + Mute, continue holding and a diagnostics menu should come up and then use the commander wheel to rotate through the available options (38 of them numbered between 1 and 99). That's the only hidden menu I know of.

To switch on/off features of the car via OBDII port you'll need a modified ELM327 scanner with a Hi/Low CAN Bus switch, together with factory ASBuilt data for your car & knowledge of which codes to change in the Body Control Modules.

I don't know about resetting ECU, except some non-critical data is lost if you disconnect and reconnect the vehicle battery.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
BWJ

Post by BWJ »

jtonline wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:55 pm Music + Favourites + Mute, continue holding and a diagnostics menu should come up and then use the commander wheel to rotate through the available options (38 of them numbered between 1 and 99). That's the only hidden menu I know of.

To switch on/off features of the car via OBDII port you'll need a modified ELM327 scanner with a Hi/Low CAN Bus switch, together with factory ASBuilt data for your car & knowledge of which codes to change in the Body Control Modules.

I don't know about resetting ECU, except some non-critical data is lost if you disconnect and reconnect the vehicle battery.
Thanks JT.

The reason i want to reset is that shift - times in aut, gearbox can be lacy cause it learn you driving style, therefore it gives live back when reset to factory settings - i keep on look after possible way to do it, if it has this option ;)
Cristian1959

Post by Cristian1959 »

Default ECU, PCM & KAM Resetting.
Found these solutions to resetting memories.

1) to reset ECU the easiest way is,

Take off the negative lead of the battery,battery,
Sit in the driver's seat of your Mazda
turn headlights on and off
press horn
Push down and release the brake pedal five times consecutively.
Wait 10-15 minutes to reconnect and ECU should be reset.

if your not sure if it worked leave it off for a few hours
Reconnect the "Negative" terminal clamp on your Mazda's battery.battery.
Turn your car on and let it idle for a few minutes to learn the mapping and drive like a granny for the first 30 mins! the ecu will learn that minimal fuel usage is what you want and it'll stick to it!

coz if you floor it as soon as you do it it'll learn that pumping fuel in is the way to go

2) There are two reset procedures, one for the NVRAM and the other for the KAM. Neither will erase your radio presets.

1) With the key in the off position, press and hold the odometer reset button and turn the key to on;
Continue to hold the odo button until the odometer reads "TEST" and then release.
2) Turn the key to off and repeat step one.

This will reset the entire PCM except the KAM which contains the sensor profiles amongst other things. You can reset it with the familiar procedure:

1) Turn the key to on
2) Depress the brake pedal rapidly 20 times in a row until the oil pressure gauge sweeps to halfway and back again.oil pressure gauge sweeps to halfway and back again.

Hope these solutions help any problems you all may need to solve.
MAZDA CX 3 G150 AT, AWD, REVOLUTION TOP,