cruise control

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

does anyone know in what order you have to press the buttons for it to light up ( cruise ) on the display panel? I tried today but all I could get was the speed limiter to light up on the control panel
ps I did check the manual but found it confusing :? the last time I used it worked first time
Lexus 250h UX premium sport edition

Beezageoff

Post by Beezageoff »

I'll second that question. Cruise control only seems to work more by luck than judgement. The cruise control on my Mazda 6 was straight forward and easy to operate compared with the Cx3!
CX3 30/10/2018 Sat Nav+ 2litre Petrol Manual
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

It would help if you identified the year of your car. The controls on my 2017 are different from the current model.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Does your steering wheel have a rocker switch with a label at the top called “LIM” and an image of a speedometer at the bottom?

To select cruise control push the bottom of the switch - the cruise control will set at your current speed.

To the right of this switch is one marked “SET” with a + and - label. Use these to increase or decrease the speed set.
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

HouseSpider wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:22 am It would help if you identified the year of your car. The controls on my 2017 are different from the current model.
its a 2019 sports black limited edition
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

Greenman wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:47 am Does your steering wheel have a rocker switch with a label at the top called “LIM” and an image of a speedometer at the bottom?

To select cruise control push the bottom of the switch - the cruise control will set at your current speed.

To the right of this switch is one marked “SET” with a + and - label. Use these to increase or decrease the speed set.
please see screenshot :)

DSC_0546.gif

santa

Post by santa »

It should activate when you press "MODE" on the right.
On press should activate cruise control and one more press should activate speed limiter.
Have you tried pushing on "MODE" button more than once?
Mazda CX-30 2.0 150HP Aut. Cosmo w. Tech Pack in Arctic White, 2023.
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

On mine for some reason you have to press set minus before setting plus to the correct speed.

Don't use it much but seems a funny way of setting it.
santa

Post by santa »

MJC1216 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:49 am On mine for some reason you have to press set minus before setting plus to the correct speed.

Don't use it much but seems a funny way of setting it.
That is working as expected, as the SET/- is used for setting the cruise control, then you can use the RES/+ or SET/- to increase or decrease the set speed.
If you cancel the cruise control (by braking or quick pressing OFF/CANC), you then press RES/+ to resume.
If you hold down OFF/CANC it turns off the cruise control.

All according to the manual :-)
Mazda CX-30 2.0 150HP Aut. Cosmo w. Tech Pack in Arctic White, 2023.
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

I had a test drive in a new model. The cruise control wasn't as intuitive as on the older model. The older version has a separate toggle for the cruise control to the limiter (and separate cancel/ reset buttons)whereas the new model combines the two. In effect they've got rid of two buttons.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.