cruise control

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

santa wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:29 am It should activate when you press "MODE" on the right.
On press should activate cruise control and one more press should activate speed limiter.
Have you tried pushing on "MODE" button more than once?
As Santa says, press the mode button once and you will see the cruise control light come up on the dash. Press it again and the speed limiter light will come on. When you have selected either you then press the set button to enable it.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED

santa

Post by santa »

HouseSpider wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:14 pm I had a test drive in a new model. The cruise control wasn't as intuitive as on the older model. The older version has a separate toggle for the cruise control to the limiter (and separate cancel/ reset buttons)whereas the new model combines the two. In effect they've got rid of two buttons.
I totally agree, I prefer the old system that I have in mine.
Mazda CX-30 2.0 150HP Aut. Cosmo w. Tech Pack in Arctic White, 2023.
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

fourbanks wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:07 am
HouseSpider wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:22 am It would help if you identified the year of your car. The controls on my 2017 are different from the current model.
its a 2019 sports black limited edition
Fourbanks - a piece of friendly advice. Could you please add your location and CX-3 model information to your profile.

Follow this link for details viewtopic.php?f=5&t=808

That way this information it will display automatically on all your posts and help other owners when answering questions you raise regarding your new CX-3.

Many thanks
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

the dealer says that you press mode first and the clock/ window lights up. you then press set. I will try that when I'm out next
Lexus 250h UX premium sport edition
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

st3v3cx-3 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:40 pm
fourbanks wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:07 am
HouseSpider wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:22 am It would help if you identified the year of your car. The controls on my 2017 are different from the current model.
its a 2019 sports black limited edition
Fourbanks - a piece of friendly advice. Could you please add your location and CX-3 model information to your profile.

Follow this link for details viewtopic.php?f=5&t=808

That way this information it will display automatically on all your posts and help other owners when answering questions you raise regarding your new CX-3.

Many thanks
done :)

fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

I have a feeling the bulb may have blown ? hence no green cruise light showing up when the button is pressed. does anyone know if the cruise lights up on start up with all the other warning lights ?
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

You have to be driving at a minimum speed before engaging the cruise control. Only then will the light will come on.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
santa

Post by santa »

You should also be able to the details of the cruise control or speed limiter on the infoscreen on the right (next to the rev counter).
Mazda CX-30 2.0 150HP Aut. Cosmo w. Tech Pack in Arctic White, 2023.
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

Just noticed the posting time stamp is still on GMT & not BST. I didn't think I was up that early.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

I've just been out for a drive and the cruise control is working and the green clock icon lights up in the display panel. I could have sworn the cruise icon notification was green or orange and said cruise and not just the green clock :?
Does everyone else here have the same display of showing the green clock and not the word cruise