TPM

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

I was out earlier today and the TPM warning light came on :o as i could tell i hadn't a puncture i continued driving home. I found the pressure on the front tyres had dropped 1 pound and the rears nothing :o is this normal in that just one pound out the warning light comes on ?
i have reset it so the setting are as followers 2.3 at the front and 2.1 for the rear bar
Lexus 250h UX premium sport edition

BWJ

Post by BWJ »

I learned that the system is very sensitive, and good to know i think :)
CX3 2.0, Aut. Nav. Optimum SRC. dec. 2019.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Great the system did its job!

Just because the tyre hasn't lost all air doesn't mean you don't have a problem that needs addressing.
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

Greenman wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 7:46 pm Great the system did its job!

Just because the tyre hasn't lost all air doesn't mean you don't have a problem that needs addressing.
thanks. what other problem had you in mind that may need addressing :?
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

I wish I had the skill to know I don’t have a puncture when the TPM system tells me that there is a difference in the rolling radius of the tyres which is typically caused by a difference in pressure aka a puncture
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

Greenman wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 9:10 am I wish I had the skill to know I don’t have a puncture when the TPM system tells me that there is a difference in the rolling radius of the tyres which is typically caused by a difference in pressure aka a puncture

I think it may have been prudent to have 2 warning lights one for low pressure in orange and a red light highlighting a severe loss ?
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

its come back on again so I will have to increase the tyre pressure to 2.4 bar and then press reset ?
MXS

Post by MXS »

You will need to drive at least two miles after adding air and after pushing the reset and hearing the 'beep' This is what my main dealer told me.
2018 CX-3 Sat Nav +
Extras include scuff plates, aluminium pedal kit, boot liner and mud flaps
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

well it seams I did have a puncture after all. the odd thing is although there is no air in the tyre the tyre does hold air so I should be able to get to my dealer 5 minutes drive away if I pump up the air to say 2.5 bar for the short trip. the nail looks pretty secure so I guess that's something :o
most odd as the tyre with no air and not looking that flat the car was driving ok. just goes to show you need to check these things regular
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

I have a new tyre coming on Monday. my previous Mitsubishi dealer will be fitting it as he's a lot quicker with getting tyres in. Stapleton tyres are the best to deal with in the uk. the choice is very limited just toyo and MICHELIN for the cx3 £125 for the Toyo and £190 for the MICHELIN. plus fitting £25
you can find these tyres cheaper online but I prefer to stick with who I know ;)
https://www.stapletons-tyres.co.uk/