Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

These things are all over the place.

Gus, where did you get your FL22?
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD

Gus

Post by Gus »

CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Just ordered mine too. It will come tomorrow - excellent service.

There is a guy called Richard who is very helpful and may advise us on other issues.
Lordy1

Post by Lordy1 »

Gus wrote:It's all Anchormans fault ;) tomorrow a gallon of FL22 extended life will arrive, I was very happy in my ignorance and just checked it was above the L :D

Totally agree Gus, happy in my ignorance and now i have succumbed !
CX 3 Sports Nav Diesel Auto AWD Ceramic
Gus

Post by Gus »

i hope it will need a quick topup and then it will stay at that level for the next ten years or whatever the recommended replacement interval is.

I meant to add that I have topped up to the H level and I am worried :D I only have 4.85L of FL22 left, yep it needed a whole 150mL :lol:
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
Gus

Post by Gus »

Well it was one of the weekends, 300 miles and the coolant level is still spot on the the high mark, so good result.

Interestingly a Mazda dealer said that at about 1000 miles the economy tends to improve and I must say that the obc went from around the 43mpg to 47mpg this weekend, first fill up and reset since hitting the 1000 mark, out of interest what are you guys getting on the AWD diesel?
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

I'm on about 1500 miles. I started with about 38 mpg but it has crept up to just over 40. It did do about 46/47 on that trip to the Lakes.

I've used a whole eyeful of my FL22 fluid. If anyone within driving distance of my house needs a top up, don't buy a gallon, pop in and have some for free.
Gus

Post by Gus »

anchorman wrote:
I've used a whole eyeful of my FL22 fluid. If anyone within driving distance of my house needs a top up, don't buy a gallon, pop in and have some for free.
Aye and a mug of tea that you could use to resurface the road and fill a few potholes......
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Gus wrote:
anchorman wrote:
Aye and a mug of tea that you could use to resurface the road and fill a few potholes......
Aye, it's true. My tea is not for little boys and girls. It's category FL23.
Lordy1

Post by Lordy1 »

On about 850 miles now and just getting over 44mpg, though it seems to be slowly rising. the bit I can't get over is the small size of the fuel tank, can't remember ever having a smaller one !!! Interesting put a tank of premium in it the last fill and it didn't seem to like it (pinking pre ignition type stuff), back on the standard branded stuff now and all is well.
CX 3 Sports Nav Diesel Auto AWD Ceramic