Fuel notification

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Dogfuzz

Post by Dogfuzz »

Filled up on Monday and the indicator read that I had 426 miles till the next fill up. Today was passing a cheap('ish) petrol place and since I had time, thought I would top up to the top again. Noted before top up that my gauge was reading that I had 379 miles to go.
Tank took another £7 to fill to brim--but when I switched on ignition and drove off forecourt, the gauge was still reading 379......
Does this gauge have a mind of its own?
CX-3 SPORT NAV ,5 DOOR HATCHBACK,1998CC,PETROL-2018

HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

I find that unless you're putting in a reasonable quantity of fuel the gauge and range don't change immediately. I've had this mostly on courtesey cars which you invariably only want to but in a few litres before returning. And eveyone of them (which were not Mazdas) did not register the fuel.
Did the range eventually register the additional fuel?
Last edited by HouseSpider on Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Owner's Manual wrote:...This (distance-to-empty) mode displays the approximate distance you can travel on the remaining fuel based on the fuel economy. The distance-to-empty will be calculated and displayed every second...

---The display may not change unless you add more than approximately 9 L...
;)
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

It’s no different than most cars, the fuel gauge doesn’t move for 50 miles or so. The tank unit is in the top of the tank so it has to use what is in the filler pipe before it starts falling/changing.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD