Juddering and warning light

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Baz

Post by Baz »

Can anyone help...
I was driving home this evening and all of a sudden my CX3 started to judder from what felt like the engine and then the engine warning light came on?

AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Petrol or diesel? Could be a myriad of things. Will need diagnostics run by a mechanic to find the problem.

If a diesel, have you been doing short journeys with the car not getting up to temperature for a significant time? Has the engine cooling fan been running on once the engine switched off? If that's the case then could well be emissions related - although I would expect the DPF light to come on as well?

Without having an expert check it over we're completely in the dark I'm afraid.
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
Dogfuzz

Post by Dogfuzz »

Yes a myriad of things. Earlier this year my Manual CX3 went into limp mode with the same symptoms you describe. Called Mazda assist who did the diagnostic check of everything and found no faults. The very helpful technician listened carefully as I described exactly what happened. Amongst several ideas -2 strong possibilities emerged.
1) Vehicle was quite well loaded with around three bags of sand from local garden centre and I may not have changed down sufficiently when attempting a local steep hill.
2) I had accidentally engaged sixth gear rather than fourth thus putting huge strain on the engine.
CX-3 SPORT NAV ,5 DOOR HATCHBACK,1998CC,PETROL-2018