smart brake warning light

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
selaru.andrei86

Post by selaru.andrei86 »

ImageHi. I have a brand new Cx-3 ( 500 Miles ) and I had the same problem several times, especially in the morning if it's cold outside. The car will deactivate a few sensors SCBS ( smart city brake support ) and ALH and/or LDWS ( adaptive led headlights ) and/or (lane departure warning system ) - " DUE TO POOR outward camera visibility ".
Now.....If I look at the camera on top of the windscreen in the midle I will see that it's a lot of moist on the windscreen, inside, between the camera and the windscreen. I don't know exactly if it's the correct way to explain. So the moist it's inside on the windscreen in front of the camera. Even if the windscreen it's very clean inside and outside the car, because of the difference of temperature gets moist inside the camera space.
Now my question is....It is NORMAL to have this problem ??? that space, where is the camera should not be really good sealed ? It's normal to get that moist ? Thank you !

20191109_100451.jpg

Mazda CX-3 Sport Nav +, 2.0 Petrol, Manual, Soul red, registered 10/19

BWJ

Post by BWJ »

I have the same issue sometimes, solution is to set airflow (high flow) to windscreen with aircon on, after 3-5 min. the moist is gone.
CX3 2.0, Aut. Nav. Optimum SRC. dec. 2019.
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

Yes i raised this issue last year and it is a poor design issue on behalf of Mazda.
selaru.andrei86

I've done that all the time but not always will take only 5 minutes. depends how cold it's outside and how much moist is there. But the question is another one. IT IS NORMAL ??? to happen like that ? Or it is a problem in fact ? I understand that we are a few with this problem but it is normal to have this issue ? or it is a fault eith the car. I've bought a brand new car in March that had multiple problems ( 4 separate problems and they were not simple ) from the first day and in 6 months it was in service for 4 months. After that they've decided to change the car with a similar brand new car and now I have this problem with the new one. And I just want to know if it's normal or not. I am sick of so many problems...... :(. And also if it is any way to fix this and to finish with this problem. If I will go with the car in service they are able to fix it ? thanks
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

my USA leading car engineer friend says it's very difficult to buy a brand new car without any design faults. the top car brands in the USA Toyota and honda are having faults in which was very rare in the past. BMW /Mercedes and Audi are the worse in the USA for faults/ Mazda are only renowned in the past for bad automatic gearboxes now fixed by getting rid of the CVT type
Lexus 250h UX premium sport edition
Deleted User 1511

Post by Deleted User 1511 »

It’s quite normal and no different to the condensation you get on all glass when there is a temperature difference either side of the glass

You may notice the same condensation on the inside of the headlights
switchback

Post by switchback »

It is normal but it shouldn't happen. It's a design fault. I've had several cars fitted with this type of system and none of them had this condensation issue that disrupts the connected features.
2018 CX3+ Sport Nav 120 Petrol Manual. Machine Grey.
selaru.andrei86

switchback - I was thinking at that. because it is a camera there I was thinking that everything should be sealed properly to avoid this problems. Because otherwise if it's cold every day that means I will have the sensors disabled every day. And in that moment what is the point to pay for a safety pack if it's not working properly ? I don't know if I should go back to the dealership especially after they've changed the car once. What you think?
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

It's normal. Mazda are aware of the issue. They published guidance to dealers Worldwide in December 2016 with a note "The foggy FSC (forward sensing camera) lens may occur at some weather conditions and is not caused by a defect of the parts. When the warning message is displayed, drive the vehicle for 10 minutes or more with the defroster ON to clean the foggy FSC lens."
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
switchback

Post by switchback »

jtonline wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:49 pm It's normal. Mazda are aware of the issue. They published guidance to dealers Worldwide in December 2016 with a note "The foggy FSC (forward sensing camera) lens may occur at some weather conditions and is not caused by a defect of the parts. When the warning message is displayed, drive the vehicle for 10 minutes or more with the defroster ON to clean the foggy FSC lens."
They are correct. It's not a "defect of the parts" it is a design flaw that they aren't interested in fixing.
2018 CX3+ Sport Nav 120 Petrol Manual. Machine Grey.