smart brake warning light

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

What they really need is an electrically heated front window. Problem solved!
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED

ivan@raf

Post by ivan@raf »

The smart brake system has baffled me for two years. I can select the system to on using the menu. The warning light comes on if the screen is frosty or very wet. I usually give the screen a rub and it goes off. I've looked behind the Mazda badge and the is no electronic device there.
The smart warning has never operated and I must have been in situations where it should have worked.
I've pretty much given up on it as it's easy to live without.
09/17 CX3 2.0L petrol Sport Nav 5dr. Manual. Colour ceramic. Getting 39+ mpg
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

ivan@raf wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:33 pm The smart brake system has baffled me for two years. I can select the system to on using the menu. The warning light comes on if the screen is frosty or very wet. I usually give the screen a rub and it goes off. I've looked behind the Mazda badge and the is no electronic device there.
The smart warning has never operated and I must have been in situations where it should have worked.
I've pretty much given up on it as it's easy to live without.
I felt the same about mine, but eventually the collision warning came up on the display about two months ago. It doesn't work if you are braking or accelerating. A car in front was turning into a side street and I took my foot off the accelerator but didn't brake. As I got close the collision warning activated. I tried it again last week and the same happened.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED