Next Sat nav map update?

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Deleted User 1511

Post by Deleted User 1511 »

Does anyone know when the next maps are due?

The maps in my new to me car have never been updated....but i don't want to fork out for a February update if another is imminent ...

BWJ

Post by BWJ »

probably new update in next month, i guess ;)
CX3 2.0, Aut. Nav. Optimum SRC. dec. 2019.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

You get free updates for three years from when your car is first registered.
Mazda only do up to two updates a year and give no indication as to when they'll release the next one.
When my free update period ended, I bought the official Mazda Apple Car Play kit and now use Waze on my phone for sat nav to the MZD Connect screen, as that was more cost effective than paying Mazda for a map update subscription.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Deleted User 1511

Thanks JT

Unfortunately my car was registered 1 September 2016 and I acquired it 5 October...and the selling dealer wasn't interested in updating the maps...
Boyle de Cabbage

Post by Boyle de Cabbage »

Look at mazdatweaks.com with a view to installing Android Auto without needing to pay the Mazda Tax for a new maps. :D

If your CMU software is before 59.00.502 you should be good to go. Then maps update themselves from Google and you also get live offerings of re-routing around traffic hold-hubs.

Static maps no longer cut it IMHO. Also with Google I can press the talk button on my steering wheel and say "switch the coffee on" and my espresso machine is ready to pull a shot when I get home. No car manufacturer's software can anywhere approach that kind of facility. I wonder why they continue to try?
Mazda paint is crap! Mazda should be ashamed of themselves!.
Deleted User 1511

Possibly because it largely irrelevant to the task of driving from A to B?

Anyway, my butler does that for me ;)
hsdejong

Post by hsdejong »

Does Android Auto or Mazda Apple CarPlay shows navigation information on the head-up display as my built-in navigation system does?
  • Mazda CX-5 2023 Exclusive-Line (Black Comfort Pack) Petrol FWD Manual Soul Red Crystal Metallic
TAX

Post by TAX »

My car is 2 years old and the main dealership that I purchased it from refused to give me the sat nav updates and told me to install it myself. They said they will only update the entertainment system for me when it is for its yearly service.

Is it a straightforward job, or will one erroneous key-press wipe out everything on the memory card?

Any instructions that make sense to a non techy guy would be appreciated.
SEPT 2017
CX3GT AUTO PETROL. CERAMIC METALLIC. 39 MPG
YORKSHIRE.
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

hsdejong wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:30 pm Does Android Auto or Mazda Apple CarPlay shows navigation information on the head-up display as my built-in navigation system does?
No that's why I prefer the Mazda system and far better than my Garmin.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

hsdejong wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:30 pm Does Android Auto or Mazda Apple CarPlay shows navigation information on the head-up display as my built-in navigation system does?
Not at the moment. However, for me at least, it's not a problem as the voice prompts tell you in advance and at a junction of your next move, so the inclusion of a basic graphic on the Active Display just isn't needed.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd