Front parking sensor's

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

My front parking sensors were factory fitted, wondered if anyone else has had theirs randomly bleep when stationary,usually at traffic lights with nothing in front or either side.
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019

AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Can't help Dave as my parking sensor is my wife who makes *bleeping* noises most of the time!
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

AndyRen wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:23 pm Can't help Dave as my parking sensor is my wife who makes *bleeping* noises most of the time!
:lol:
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

DaveG wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:41 pm My front parking sensors were factory fitted, wondered if anyone else has had theirs randomly bleep when stationary,usually at traffic lights with nothing in front or either side.
Hi Dave, yes it happened to me for the first time last week. I had just pulled up to some traffic lights. Firstly they bleeped for the left and then for the right and then stopped. There were railings by the side of the road, but I wasn't really that close to them. Maybe the sensors are picking up signals from the traffic lights. Better that we get a warning for no reason than not get one when we need it. :shock:
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
BWJ

Post by BWJ »

AndyRen wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:23 pm Can't help Dave as my parking sensor is my wife who makes *bleeping* noises most of the time!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
CX3 2.0, Aut. Nav. Optimum SRC. dec. 2019.
Beezageoff

Post by Beezageoff »

I don't have a problem with my parking sensors, but the Sat NAG gives me gip now and again!!!!! :?
CX3 30/10/2018 Sat Nav+ 2litre Petrol Manual
gilera

Post by gilera »

I had them fitted by Mazda agents in Gandia Spain, work fine apart from the fact to activate i have to select reverse (auto box). If you forget as you park without selecting reverse there is no warning. Not a good idea.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

gilera wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:35 am I had them fitted by Mazda agents in Gandia Spain, work fine apart from the fact to activate i have to select reverse (auto box). If you forget as you park without selecting reverse there is no warning. Not a good idea.
Isn't there a little push button with a P on it next to the steering column to activate the front parking sensors when you come to park frontwards? Admittedly, you'd still need to remember to press the button.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
gilera

Post by gilera »

No switches it is activated by selecting reverse (auto box) goes off with speed. Need to reactivate at each parking, bit of a pain until you get used to it.
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

That is a a system used by a lot of manufacturers, although usually by factory installed systems not dealer fitted.
My factory installed system has a on off switch. It stays on permanently unless it is switched off. I was hoping it was going to be like yours reverse activated.
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019