Front parking sensor's

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
switchback

Post by switchback »

My factory fitted system is activated by selecting reverse or by pressing the "P" button to activate the front sensors if you haven't previously selected reverse.
2018 CX3+ Sport Nav 120 Petrol Manual. Machine Grey.

Deleted User 1511

Post by Deleted User 1511 »

Come again - you need to put the car in reverse to activate the front sensors, to use them them when you go forward??..
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

switchback wrote: โ†‘Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:15 pm My factory fitted system is activated by selecting reverse or by pressing the "P" button to activate the front sensors if you haven't previously selected reverse.
I will have to check to see if my work like that as well, I presumed it was by pressing the P button only.
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

From 2018 Owner's Manual ;)

parking sensors.jpg

Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

JT to the rescue again.... Yes confusion between operation of front and rear sensors got a bit confused ๐Ÿ˜ž
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019
gilera

Post by gilera »

CX3fan wrote: โ†‘Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:23 pm Come again - you need to put the car in reverse to activate the front sensors, to use them them when you go forward??..
As i said previously mine was fitted by Mazda agent in Gandia,Spain. The ony way to activate is to select reverse, ( Auto box).
Deleted User 1511

gilera wrote: โ†‘Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:54 pm No switches it is activated by selecting reverse (auto box) goes off with speed. Need to reactivate at each parking, bit of a pain until you get used to it.
Sounds like a faulty installation- what use are front sensors when you are reversing...
switchback

Post by switchback »

CX3fan wrote: โ†‘Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:43 pm
gilera wrote: โ†‘Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:54 pm No switches it is activated by selecting reverse (auto box) goes off with speed. Need to reactivate at each parking, bit of a pain until you get used to it.
Sounds like a faulty installation- what use are front sensors when you are reversing...
Front sensors are very useful when reversing as they pick-up any obstacles on the front corners of the car as you swing the steering to either side (such as parallel parking ).
2018 CX3+ Sport Nav 120 Petrol Manual. Machine Grey.
gilera

Post by gilera »

I can assure you that is how it is installed here. When they were fitted 2 years ago it was demostrated to me and it was stressed by the installer that to activate reverse must be selected. Not a big deal when you are used to it. Prior to parking nose in, stop, select reverse and then proceed to nose in.
Deleted User 1511

gilera wrote: โ†‘Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:13 pm
I can assure you that is how it is installed here. When they were fitted 2 years ago it was demostrated to me and it was stressed by the installer that to activate reverse must be selected. Not a big deal when you are used to it. Prior to parking nose in, stop, select reverse and then proceed to nose in.

How on earth do you go forwards (nose in) to a space when the auto gearbox is in reverse?????

That is completely bonkers and you have been conned if you need to have the car in reverse to activate the forward sensors and to go forward (which is all but impossible and will almost certainly damage the gearbox if you do)

I wonder if something is lost in translation

The usual set up is
- forward sensors, where fitted, are always on / active UNLESS switched off via a separate button / switch (as posted above)
- reverse sensors, and the camera, are only active when reverse gear is engaged