Doors not unlocking

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Anyone got a clue about the following..... Went to unlock the car it bleeped twice but the door stayed locked, checked all doors still locked. Tried to unlock using both door button and fob......I then had to unlock the door using the blade key to open the door and the alarm did not go off. So the alarm had correctly disabled without unlocking the door.
Once inside the car started OK, and on trying the locks again,they worked OK using button and fob. I will speak to the dealer but wondered if anyone has any idea.
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019

jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Sounds like an 'undocumented feature' to me :lol:
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

jtonline wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:37 pm Sounds like an 'undocumented feature' to me :lol:
If it happened all the time it could be a useful anti theft system :lol: meanwhile the dealer is checking the key fob...me thinks they will put a new battery in it and say see if it happens again.
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Be careful David, there is a device that car thieves are using which blocks your signal and records the code. they can then use that code to unlock it at a later date. The device is hidden near the car, under a hedge or something, then they pick it up when nobody is around. I'm not saying that has happened but it's best to be careful.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Strangways wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:42 pm Be careful David, there is a device that car thieves are using which blocks your signal and records the code. they can then use that code to unlock it at a later date. The device is hidden near the car, under a hedge or something, then they pick it up when nobody is around. I'm not saying that has happened but it's best to be careful.
Point taken but the signal was getting through as it de activated the alarm but not unlock the doors, and it worked shortly after, but as you say worth remembering, I keep my keys in a Faraday pouch indoors, but didn't realise they hide a device outside as well.