Soul Red Crystal.

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
BWJ

Post by BWJ »

Anyone had paint chips on their SRC paint code 46V?
Mine is right now at paint-shop for re paint covered of warranty, hood, roof an 2 front wing. :shock:
Chips came up 1 md. after delivery of brand new car. :shock:
CX3 2.0, Aut. Nav. Optimum SRC. dec. 2019.

lhcmazda

Post by lhcmazda »

The Soul Red Crystal paint chipping problem has been known for a while and the chips can appear on any panel front back side roof bonnet etc. Mazda refused to admit that there was a problem but finally admitted that the paint thickness and application etc for that particular colour was to blame for the chipping problem. So even though you are having roof, hood, and both front wings re painted you may well experience chips appearing on other panels of the car a complete re paint is the only solution. I purchased a new CX-3 in September 2018 and wanted Soul Red Crystal but when I became aware of the chipping problem from a neighbour who changed his car with full a refund, I decided on a changed of colour to Machine Grey which does not suffer from the same paint chipping problem. I latter learnt that the Soul Red Crystal car had been completely re painted and re sold by the dealer.
2018 CX-3 Machine Grey 2.0 Petrol 150ps Auto Sports Nav AWD plus Safety Pack
steve67

Post by steve67 »

BWJ wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:40 pm Anyone had paint chips on their SRC paint code 46V?
Mine is right now at paint-shop for re paint covered of warranty, hood, roof an 2 front wing. :shock:
Chips came up 1 md. after delivery of brand new car. :shock:
my son has a mazda 3 in soul red... no chip problems so far , touch wood, hope im not speaking too soon... lol :lol:
One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

Loads of problems that's why i bought a dynamic blue instead...i wanted the soul red but too many reports of paint chips put me off.
lhcmazda

Post by lhcmazda »

A search on the internet has revealed the following site "https://www.change.org/p/mazda-cx-5-maz ... ll-is-need" I know this refers to the Mazda CX-5 but it also applies to the CX-3

Quote from the web site :- Since this is global issue about Mazda CX-5 2017/8 Soul Red Crystal paint quality is bad as easily getting stone chipping & scratches, we would like to have this petition to inform Mazda Worldwide to look this seriously and bring solution (FOC) to all of us Mazda CX-5 owners especially who bought Soul Red Crystal color paint. Further web sites also refer to many owners having the same problem, there is a wealth of information on the web. I would still maintain that you insist on having the new car completely re painted as I mentioned.
2018 CX-3 Machine Grey 2.0 Petrol 150ps Auto Sports Nav AWD plus Safety Pack