Fun refitting interior light

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Witfit wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:00 pm ...I realised that there is an intermittent one in the glove box, a happy half hour removing it and it is not what I expected...
You know it only comes on with the sidelights, don't you? ;)
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd

Deleted User 1096

Post by Deleted User 1096 »

May I ask why you require light in the footwell, when I am concentrating on driving it is the last place I look. The only time I take a notice of it is when I am vacuuming it out..
Deleted User 1096

jtonline wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:44 pm
Witfit wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:00 pm ...I realised that there is an intermittent one in the glove box, a happy half hour removing it and it is not what I expected...
I never look in the glove box when I am driving or very rarely when I am stationery - it was just that she who must be obeyed and whose car it is, opened the glove box and I noticed the feeble light for the first time..
Deleted User 1511

Post by Deleted User 1511 »

by default, the footwell lights are only on when a door is open. Arguably, I am less likely to tangle my feet on the pedals when getting in a dark car...but that really is a bit of "man math" justification...

On a previous car, I had a similar kit which provided a nice glow all the time it just made the car a slightly nice place to be on these dark days -

At c£55 fitted, it was worth it...but the dealer did misquote....it should have been nearer £100 to supply and fit
Deleted User 1096

[/quote]

An xenon bulb has been fitted and it does light up the glove box well, I also see what you mean about the side lights - alas I never use side lights.. though it also lights up when I initially unlock the car..
Deleted User 1511

Post by Deleted User 1511 »

Witfit wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:31 pm You know it only comes on with the sidelights, don't you? ;)
An xenon bulb has been fitted and it does light up the glove box well, I also see what you mean about the side lights - alas I never use side lights.. though it also lights up when I initially unlock the car..
[/quote]

A xenon bulb in the glovebox????
Deleted User 1096

CX3fan wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:57 pm
Witfit wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:31 pm You know it only comes on with the sidelights, don't you? ;)
A xenon bulb in the glovebox????
[/quote]

.. well they are a pretty blue and they work at £1.59 for 2, I am not going to complain..

xenon not.jpg