Fun refitting interior light

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Deleted User 1511

Post by Deleted User 1511 »

I fitted my LED bulb kit today..

After cursing to remove the interior light, i now cant get it back in place...arrghh!

Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

Mine went OK but i was worried i would break something getting them out...big improvement.
Deleted User 1511

Did you remove the whole light assembly or just the lens?
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

CX3fan wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:37 pm Did you remove the whole light assembly or just the lens?
Just the lens with a plastic knife...i did watch a few videos on youtube which helped but it was still fingers crossed.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Did you look at the instructions on page 6-53 of the Owner's Manual? When I did it, the lenses came off and went back on quite easilly.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
hsdejong

Post by hsdejong »

It is very important that you carefully stick the screwdriver or plastic strip at the right side of the plastic cover according the pictures in the owners manual. Else you will brake the small tabs which hold the cover in place. It's also advisable to remove the small metal mirror reflectors above the bulbs in the map lights with a phillips screwdriver to prevent electrical short circuit when you push the new LED lights accidentally too far inside.
  • Mazda CX-5 2023 Exclusive-Line (Black Comfort Pack) Petrol FWD Manual Soul Red Crystal Metallic
Deleted User 1511

Thanks JT

Imappear to have a later manual as mine has no guidance on replacing any bulbs

The centre interior light is back in place ,..after a lot of cursing...the problem was the white plastic surround which sits i aide the headlining wouldn't stay in place..

The kit i purchased has bulbs for illuminated mirrors in the sun visors but my car ’t appear to have these.

The dealer fitted the welcome kit last week but I've noticed my car doesn't have the trim panel around the steering column shown in the fitting instructions and the dealer has fitted the drivers side bulb in a different place....as well as breaking some trim which the service manager has agreed to replace...
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Perhaps you only have the Quick Guide, if so, you need to download a copy of the full manual (8GT4 From 02/2015) from mazda.co.uk as bulb replacement is definately in that one.

I don't have illuminated sun visor mirrors in mine either. The Mazda LED pack I bought only did the front & rear interior lights and the boot light.

Trim broken by the dealer should definately be replaced FOC. Not sure why you've got some trim missing, but are you happy with the lighting?
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Deleted User 1096

Post by Deleted User 1096 »

I did my cabin and boot lights a while back and what a difference (I have found that an Apple battery replacement tool kit has an invaluable supply of plastic and metals tools for working on car interiors with less damage to the other plastics etc) .. then this morning I realised that there is an intermittent one in the glove box, a happy half hour removing it and it is not what I expected so have ordered one from WWL..
Deleted User 1511

On reflection, no pun, I think the LED upgrade is far better value than the welcome illumination kit, particularly as the LED kit I purchased was only £22 delivered and included a plastic spatula to remove the trim / lens. The kit also included LEDs for the sun visors and 2 for the centre interior light...so I have 3 spare LEDS. The one in the glove box makes a big difference.

That said , the welcome kit is nice and I twigged there is no missing panel...I was looking at the wrong page of the fitting instructions, which were for another model. I just wish the footwell lights could be left on whilst driving...

The service manager, who is new at the dealer I use, was most apologetic about the whole episode - poor, and wrong, communication, an incorrect quote (they stood by their original quote of £355 to supply and fit auto fold mirrors, arm rest and welcome lights), the broken trim and the swarf left on the rear mats from the holes drilled to fit the arm rest.

They had a problem with not being able to adjust the n/w mirror glass after fitting the auto fold mirrors and put in a warranty claim which was approved the same day. Unfortunately, a new mirror didn't fix it but extensive consultation with the Mazda technical desk did resolve it, although they wont say how....I suspect they mis-wired the mirror kit..

He has offered my a discount on some further accessories or a free air con refresh at the next service. The car is on a service plan so he can't discount the service itself.

I'm minded to have the alloy pedals fitted as they should help lift the gloom in the footwell by reflecting the light more