Key fob

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Kimm

Post by Kimm »

For the last 2 weeks when I have left work I’ve been unable to open the car door with my fob in my bag or my pocket, I’ve had to have it in my hand to be able to open the door on the door button but everywhere else that key fob is fine. Is it possible that the battery is weak in the fob and something in the immediate area where I’m parked at work is stopping the signal from getting through to my car? I’ve changed the battery now so I’ll see what happens tomorrow but I find it very odd that the fob works fine everywhere else.
CX-3 Sports Nav AWD

gilera

Post by gilera »

Did the battery fix the problem?
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

There can be situations where the fob seemingly won't operate the locks remotely - close to a minicab office used to be one instance?!
Can you see any radio masts in the immediate area from your parking space? Or has the battery change sorted matters?
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
Kimm

Post by Kimm »

Hi, yes I changed the battery and it’s fine now. I’ve been told that it was probably due to the battery weakening and something on a stronger frequency in the area was interfering with it as at home and everywhere else it was fine but it’s all good again now. Thank you for your help and your reply.
CX-3 Sports Nav AWD
Kimm

Post by Kimm »

gilera wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:27 am Did the battery fix the problem?
Yes all sorted now thanks. New battery and all working as it should.
CX-3 Sports Nav AWD