5th Service

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

My CX-3 had it's 62,500 service at the weekend at Handy Mazda Southampton. All Ok except the rear pads and discs needed replacing for the first time - 2mm and corroded discs. Funny that the front are still the original and are still at 5mm.

Booked the car in for today with a courtesy car. I was waiting outside when I received a call from the garage. I could see the receptionist on the phone to me, who muttered something and then ran away!. Eventually got let in and spoke to her. She was ringing me to say the parts weren't in and therefore they couldn't do the work (you'd have thought pads and discs would be on the shelf). Even though they knew yesterday the parts weren't available no-one bothered to phone. I was promised a call to re-book.

The call didn't come (as so many of you have experienced) so I rang mid afternoon. "I was just about to ring you " was the first thing the woman said. She gave me options that I'd already informed her were not suitable - wait whilst they did the repair or come in on a Saturday as no courtesy cars were available until December. But she said she would got and ask about other options and ring me back. Again no ring back so I visited the branch on the way home and spoke to her manager about her lack of communication whilst she sat along side. :oops:

Well, I've got a 10% discount on the work for the pain and they're now chauffeuring me to & from work on Friday. Still not happy with them though. :evil:
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.

Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

On a slightly different note due to the CX-3 not being replaced i might keep mine longer than the 3-4 years i normally do.

As yours is one of the highest mileage cars on this forum have you had any faults apart from wear and tear.

Thanks

Mark
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

A few years ago I would have said "Unbelievable", But now it's all too familiar - the call back that never happens and the apparent couldn't care less attitude, Is it because they're on minimum wage? Or overworked? - they don't do themselves any favours eh?!
Having said that, my local Mazda dealer - Bourne Road Garage in Crayford - have been fantastic in all the dealings I've had with them, a family run business for as long as I can remember.
At least you got a 10% discount and a chauffeur TO work - they may have forgotten you by the time it comes to get you home :shock:
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

MJC1216 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:51 am On a slightly different note due to the CX-3 not being replaced i might keep mine longer than the 3-4 years i normally do.

As yours is one of the highest mileage cars on this forum have you had any faults apart from wear and tear.

Thanks

Mark
No, nothing. It's been an excellent car. I'm just debating whether to take out the extended warranty but given the history of the car it seems like wasted money. But that's the risk.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

Took the car back in on the Friday to get the brakes done. The garage gave me a lift to work.
Then I received a text mid morning with a video link. It wouldn't play. I tried to ring the garage & for the remainder of the morning to try & find out it is was important but got no answer.
I had to ring the garage to get them to pick me up and eventually rang the reception instead of the service desk. Got put through immediately. I asked about the video - it was a "health check" and they would send it through by e-mail.
Eventually got to the garage and paid the quoted price less the 10% - £299. Got home and thought I'd then look at the video. It was a heath check but also quoting to do the work I had just had done but for £273.42 including VAT.
After complaining yet again they reduced the price to £250.
Well, that's any trust with my dealer gone out the window!🤨
Deleted User 1096

Post by Deleted User 1096 »

HouseSpider wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:13 am
MJC1216 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:51 am On a slightly different note due to the CX-3 not being replaced i might keep mine longer than the 3-4 years i normally do.

Thanks

Mark
No, nothing. It's been an excellent car. I'm just debating whether to take out the extended warranty but given the history of the car it seems like wasted money. But that's the risk.
I bought ours second hand just as the supplied warranty was about to expire and took out an extended warranty for the first year - had cause to use it - the issue ticked all the boxes - they did not want to know - so I did not renew - they keep ringing up saying it is not too late..
steve67

Post by steve67 »

HouseSpider wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:08 am Took the car back in on the Friday to get the brakes done. The garage gave me a lift to work.
Then I received a text mid morning with a video link. It wouldn't play. I tried to ring the garage & for the remainder of the morning to try & find out it is was important but got no answer.
I had to ring the garage to get them to pick me up and eventually rang the reception instead of the service desk. Got put through immediately. I asked about the video - it was a "health check" and they would send it through by e-mail.
Eventually got to the garage and paid the quoted price less the 10% - £299. Got home and thought I'd then look at the video. It was a heath check but also quoting to do the work I had just had done but for £273.42 including VAT.
After complaining yet again they reduced the price to £250.
Well, that's any trust with my dealer gone out the window!🤨
my local dealer had our cx3 in for 1st service, great service , pick up and drop off etc, but tried to charge us £59 for tracking :shock: :shock: ......so complianed that it was unuthorizsed work and got it refunded....just get the feeling they were trying it on...as the tyres were 100% ok and the car was driving straight... swore i would never use them again, but they did a great deal for my son on his mazda 3 :roll: ......
One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

Received a letter from Mazda last week highlighting the benefits of an extended warranty. Pity is that the letter states it's for vehicle under 60,000 miles. Well Mazda have all my services records including the 62,500 mile one I had in November.
I also got a call from Hendy Mazda asking about taking out another EMAC service plan as I'd just finished paying for the 4th to 6th one. It was only when I pointed out the car had only just had it's 5th one that they realised they were a little premature.
Why don't people look at the facts before jumping to conclusions and wasting time & money.
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

Had 6th service today at 74,500 miles / 120,000 km. Finally had the original front brake pads changed. Other than that nothing to report except the car feeling a bit smoother. Maybe the new spark plugs have made a difference.
I cannot fault the car, for reliability or anything else. And the wear & tear has been minimal. It's no worse than when I bought the car as a demo at 4,500 miles and just as entertaining. Only difference is no new car smell.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

HouseSpider wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:08 pm... Only difference is no new car smell.

https://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-a ... 20258.html
😉
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd