USB thumb drive for music

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Deleted User 1511

Post by Deleted User 1511 »

For some reason, the san disc thumb drive I’ve been using is now only showing a folder structure and I can’t access the artist / album / song / genre menus.

Ive reformatted the drive (fat32) and I’ve tried reloading the music but to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Deleted User 1096

Post by Deleted User 1096 »

..try another drive..
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

Have you tried updating Gracenote?
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
Deleted User 1511

Thanks both

Updated Gracenire but no joy...time for a new usb...
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

CX3fan wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:43 pm For some reason, the san disc thumb drive I’ve been using is now only showing a folder structure and I can’t access the artist / album / song / genre menus.

Ive reformatted the drive (fat32) and I’ve tried reloading the music but to no avail.

Any suggestions?
How old is your San Disk drive? Did you keep the receipt? I had a problem with one of mine becoming corrupted which couldn't be solved by reformatting. As it was less than 5 years old - the guarantee period - and I had kept my receipt, I e-mailed them and got a reply asking me to e-mail them a copy of the receipt along with details of the problem. They then sent me a link to print off a free postage label so I could post the drive back to their German / Turkish plant. They then posted me a brand new drive with the same capacity worth around £20. For a little bit of effort it was worth it :)
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
Deleted User 1511

mine was an amazon purchase about 11 months ago 0 of course you can't track that far back in "my orders" on Amazon.

but,...curiously, it all returned this morning...perhaps it just took a long time to read grace??
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

CX3fan wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:04 am mine was an amazon purchase about 11 months ago 0 of course you can't track that far back in "my orders" on Amazon.

but,...curiously, it all returned this morning...perhaps it just took a long time to read grace??
You can go back to all your orders in Amazon. Top left hand side of 'your orders' there is a drop down box. Click on that and select which year. Mine goes back to 2002 and after that they are archived.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
Deleted User 1511

Fab!

Now need to contact Amazon to arrange return / replacement as the widow has closed..
Might wait a few days to see if it continues to behave...
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

CX3fan wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:34 am Fab!

Now need to contact Amazon to arrange return / replacement as the widow has closed..
Might wait a few days to see if it continues to behave...
You *may* find that SanDisk have a much longer warranty via their own website - could be 10years.... Or lifetime on some of their products??
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...