Headlights

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Alan3100

Post by Alan3100 »

Has anyone had issues with very poor headlights. I have adjusted level to maximum height setting and can see approx 25M maximum and I’m now driving about with full beam on constantly but with little improvement. Lights have been cleaned with little improvement. Car is 3 months old and all lamps are working but lighting is probably the worst I’ve had in 30 years. Anyone else having a problem with headlights at night. Car is unusable at nighttime.

Deleted User 1511

Post by Deleted User 1511 »

Fine here...

Might be worth getting your local MoT place to check the alignment of the headlights
santa

Post by santa »

Alan3100 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:54 am Has anyone had issues with very poor headlights. I have adjusted level to maximum height setting and can see approx 25M maximum and I’m now driving about with full beam on constantly but with little improvement. Lights have been cleaned with little improvement. Car is 3 months old and all lamps are working but lighting is probably the worst I’ve had in 30 years. Anyone else having a problem with headlights at night. Car is unusable at nighttime.
Is it LED or halogen headlights?
Mazda CX-30 2.0 150HP Aut. Cosmo w. Tech Pack in Arctic White, 2023.
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Must say, best headlights on a car I've ever had - But some models have halogen and some are LED (LED being the brightest)
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

AndyRen wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:21 am Must say, best headlights on a car I've ever had - But some models have halogen and some are LED (LED being the brightest)
Best ever but mine are LED
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

I have the halogens. Replaced the dipped beam bulbs with Osram Night Breakers. Big improvement in my opinion.
CX-3 Sport Black+, Eternal Blue, Petrol, Auto
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Alan3100 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:54 am ...I have adjusted level to maximum height setting...
Do you mean you've raised the height using the adjustment screw on the headlamp itself? If so, that's daft, as it has to be adjusted correctly using a beam tester screen. To do otherwise risks blinding oncoming drivers.
...I’m now driving about with full beam on constantly...
I don't understand that either. Surely, everyone drives on main beam unless another vehicle is approaching? Are you saying you don't dip for oncoming vehicles?
...Car is 3 months old and all lamps are working...
What model have you got? Is it a new car or just new to you?

If you haven't got LED headlights, have you checked the bulbs have been installed correctly?
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Rufus wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:14 pm I have the halogens. Replaced the dipped beam bulbs with Osram Night Breakers. Big improvement in my opinion.
There are also plug and play LED replacements for halogen now! No ballast resistor needed etc.
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
BWJ

Post by BWJ »

AndyRen wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:02 pm
Rufus wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:14 pm I have the halogens. Replaced the dipped beam bulbs with Osram Night Breakers. Big improvement in my opinion.
There are also plug and play LED replacements for halogen now! No ballast resistor needed etc.
But not legal :shock:
CX3 2.0, Aut. Nav. Optimum SRC. dec. 2019.
p6nsh

Post by p6nsh »

I can not fault the adaptive lights on mine
Machine Grey Sport Nav+ 150ps AWD Auto with safety Pack