Tyres

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
clawhn

Post by clawhn »

CX3fan wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:41 am I’d be interested to know how much harder the ride is on 235/45 r18s
The depth of the sidewall is pretty much the same so the ride characteristics should be the same.
2018 Mazda CX3 Sport Nav+ Petrol Manual Eternal Blue. Detachable tow bar. Blaenavon, South Wales.

Stagman

Post by Stagman »

Initial feedback for the Falken FK453 as promised, Just replaced the 4 Toyos and the reduction in road noise is amazing. One of the rear Toyos had uneven wear which sounded like a worn wheel bearing and contributed to the road noise.
Dec 2015 Meteor Grey, Sport nav petrol auto.
Totnes
Devon
TEB

Post by TEB »

Looking to replace the Toyo's before the MOT at the beginning of October. Not that they are worn out, still 4 & 5.5mm front to back, however they are increasingly developing perishing cracks around and through the outer tread blocks. DOT puts them as five years old and likely the factory tyres with only 18.7k on the clock and the car being a 68 plate. So not very impressive from Toyo.

Living in a rural and hilly location I've been using all season on previous cars. The local tyre place can currently get hold of Kumho Solus HA32, or for an extra £17 a corner Vredestein Quatrac Pro in the correct 18" wheel size, without paying more than double for Goodyear, or Michelin.

Had experience of driving a heavier awd Volvo fitted with the latter but was wondering if anyone on the forum had experience or opinion of either of these tyres fitted to the CX3?
2018/68 CX-3 150ps AWD Sport Nav +, Machine Grey, Manual
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

No.
My Falkens now need replacing after 35k miles. I did a wheel rotation and the wear front / rear is now fairly close. The tyres have 2mm to 2.5mm left. Looking to get the same again.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
TEB

Post by TEB »

To update I went with the Kumho, manufactures blurb suggested they were more suitable for a small/medium car than the Vred's.

To early to review, though they do naturally offer a more comfortable ride than the worn and perishing factory fitted Toyo's.

20230913_132935.jpg

ThreeNav

Post by ThreeNav »

I had a set of Michelin Primacy 4's fitted last week (215/50-18) - and I reckon the car's at least 50% quieter, with a 25% improvement in ride comfort.

...Genuinely, very impressed indeed and luvvin' my Mazda! 8-) :D

2017 2.0 Sport Nav (147bhp) AWD 5d
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

Replaced all the tyres at the beginning of the week. Decided to go for Continental Ultra Contacts. So far very pleased. Steering seems to be more precise (even when brand new I remember the Falkens feeling a little "soft" when cornering) and ride is smoother.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
fillip2k

Post by fillip2k »

Initially I was disappointed that the dealership's version of giving me 4 new tyres was to give me 4 new Triangle brand tyres to replace the perishing TOYO ones. Whilst I will still change them for some Pirelli Powergy ones within the next few months they seem to be getting better as they get worn in. I personally feel they transmit a lot of road noise in to the car, I used to some Kumho Ecowings on my dead Nissan Note and they were a nice quiet and comfortable tyre.

I still haven't really tried giving the car some welly yet as I need to get a wheel bearing replaced and I've asked for the dealership to do a 4th service on the car and replace all the filters etc. Its a 5 year old car but has only had 2 services... (I didn't know this as I never saw the DSR before purchase and thought as it was bought from main dealer it would have a full service history... lesson learnt on this one! 😂)
2018 Arctic White Sport Nav+ Petrol 2.0 (121bhp)
TEB

Post by TEB »

fillip2k wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:38 pm I still haven't really tried giving the car some welly yet as I need to get a wheel bearing replaced and I've asked for the dealership to do a 4th service on the car and replace all the filters etc. Its a 5 year old car but has only had 2 services... (I didn't know this as I never saw the DSR before purchase and thought as it was bought from main dealer it would have a full service history... lesson learnt on this one! 😂)
Also bought from a main Mazda Dealer with 'full' Mazda service history, however on looking at the service printout given to me with the paperwork on collection, it missed the scheduled 2020 service completely, assume the pandemic, which would probably also explain the few miles the car covered during 2020 and 2021. They also initially suggested the car was one owner, again it was on collection I found out it was two, then on top of this I got warning lights flash up on driving off the forecourt, which wasn't a great start, but I really like the CX3, so despite a patchy first year reliability wise I'm persevering with it.
fillip2k

Post by fillip2k »

TEB wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:30 pm
fillip2k wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:38 pm I still haven't really tried giving the car some welly yet as I need to get a wheel bearing replaced and I've asked for the dealership to do a 4th service on the car and replace all the filters etc. Its a 5 year old car but has only had 2 services... (I didn't know this as I never saw the DSR before purchase and thought as it was bought from main dealer it would have a full service history... lesson learnt on this one! 😂)
Also bought from a main Mazda Dealer with 'full' Mazda service history, however on looking at the service printout given to me with the paperwork on collection, it missed the scheduled 2020 service completely, assume the pandemic, which would probably also explain the few miles the car covered during 2020 and 2021. They also initially suggested the car was one owner, again it was on collection I found out it was two, then on top of this I got warning lights flash up on driving off the forecourt, which wasn't a great start, but I really like the CX3, so despite a patchy first year reliability wise I'm persevering with it.
It's the same for me tbh. It's an enjoyable car, pretty to look at. Nice interior (after I cleaned it even though it had been fully valleted...) like you I've decided to presevere with it. As long as the garage here in Solihull don't unearth anything that needs doing on it further I was thinking I might get the corrosion I found dealt with. Although just had the quote for dealing with it sent to me Friday and it's £650 pounds... (Mostly the labour tbh) 😱
2018 Arctic White Sport Nav+ Petrol 2.0 (121bhp)