Istop warning!

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Dogfuzz

Post by Dogfuzz »

"Parked" the other day with radio on in supermarket---Istop engaged. Got out of car because engine was not running, shut door and wondered why I was getting an alarm .....I had of course got out of the vehicle and attempted to lock it in Istop mode. A senior moment but I wonder if I am the only person who has done this?
Silly me.
CX-3 SPORT NAV ,5 DOOR HATCHBACK,1998CC,PETROL-2018

HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

I sometimes have istop engaged when I park up, put the car in park and then automatically press the start /stop button to switch off. If I've got my foot on the brake it starts again which is annoying.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
switchback

Post by switchback »

Dogfuzz wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:35 am "Parked" the other day with radio on in supermarket---Istop engaged. Got out of car because engine was not running, shut door and wondered why I was getting an alarm .....I had of course got out of the vehicle and attempted to lock it in Istop mode. A senior moment but I wonder if I am the only person who has done this?
Silly me.
Been there............Got the Tee shirt :lol: .
2018 CX3+ Sport Nav 120 Petrol Manual. Machine Grey.
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Me too, i have also got out and forgotten to press the stop button, good job the car won't lock in that situation. Not sure if this is a sensible thread
we might attract the attention of the re test the seniors brigade !!😂
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019
elliotg

Post by elliotg »

HouseSpider wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:58 pm I sometimes have istop engaged when I park up, put the car in park and then automatically press the start /stop button to switch off. If I've got my foot on the brake it starts again which is annoying.
Happens to me as well. This is counter intuitive, but it seems you have to have your foot off the brake to avoid this restart!
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

DaveG wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:34 pm Me too, i have also got out and forgotten to press the stop button, good job the car won't lock in that situation. Not sure if this is a sensible thread
we might attract the attention of the re test the seniors brigade !!😂
:lol: :lol: :lol:
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Errrr... No comment! ;) :lol:
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
mum@mazda

Post by mum@mazda »

Never been an issue for me. Cos that istop thing never works.!!!!
CX-3, Sport Nav, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather Aug 2015
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

Never been an issue for me either. I turn the silly gimmick OFF before every trip.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

zoylander wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:55 pm Never been an issue for me either. I turn the silly gimmick OFF before every trip.
I bet you believe that global warming is a myth as well :roll:
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.