Istop warning!

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

HouseSpider wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:58 pm
zoylander wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:55 pm Never been an issue for me either. I turn the silly gimmick OFF before every trip.
I bet you believe that global warming is a myth as well :roll:
I cover less than 5000 miles a year on mostly rural roads, so for me the annoyance of i-Stop outweighs any minimal saving in emissions.
The real emissions culprit is air travel, and I don't fly. Do you?
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.

Deleted User 1511

Post by Deleted User 1511 »

zoylander wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:55 pm Never been an issue for me either. I turn the silly gimmick OFF before every trip.
Why are you so negative about your car the whole time, always moaning about something.

If you don’t like it, change it. Make a better choice next time.

Life is too short to be unhappy
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

CX3fan wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:23 am
Why are you so negative about your car the whole time, always moaning about something.

If you don’t like it, change it. Make a better choice next time.

Life is too short to be unhappy
Maybe a electric bicycle would be more apt 😛
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

Maybe some of you need to grow up.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

zoylander wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:57 pm Maybe some of you need to grow up.
:lol:
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

zoylander wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:57 pm Maybe some of you need to grow up.
Maybe someone needs to rediscover their sense of humour, 😎
Boyle de Cabbage

Post by Boyle de Cabbage »

Found this comment on another forum for the Mazda 3; perhaps a forum with less geriatric (and crotchety -self included) users than this one. :D

"Tristan-cx5 said:
@Baldo Mero : Make a backup before changing anything.
Your new values for the test of disabled i-Stop:
731-01-01 5020 C824 21B7
731-01-02 080D 1926 901F
Please let us know, if it was successful or not.

Actually it was.... No problem, system off
. I would be happier if instead of a permanent off it would be possible to get an off by default and turn on with the dash button. But anyway, I can confirm that the address is the same in 2019 mx-5"

Which, beside appearing to be gobbledegook, means deep inside the firmware controlling the car are codes that switch i-Stop off. Dealers, worthy of the name, can do it.

Taken from https://www.mazda3revolution.com/thread ... 3/page-238

But on a manual CX-3 I don't find i-Stop to be a problem in any way whatsoever. Its real function isn't to save you money but to save 1500 litres of exhaust gases being pumped into the atmosphere every minute the car sits in neutral with the engine running.
Mazda paint is crap! Mazda should be ashamed of themselves!.
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Boyle de Cabbage wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:32 am
But on a manual CX-3 I don't find i-Stop to be a problem in any way whatsoever. Its real function isn't to save you money but to save 1500 litres of exhaust gases being pumped into the atmosphere every minute the car sits in neutral with the engine running.
I don't find it a problem on an automatic either. I have been trying to understand why anybody would not want to use it, but I cant. All I can think of is that it is a form of Technophobia.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
mum@mazda

Post by mum@mazda »

It isn't that I don't want to use it, I would be glad if it worked at every junction or set of lights. I am frustrated when it refuses to work. It has been back to the dealer several times, and had a new battery fitted under warranty. I have done 30000 miles in 4 years, so it is not "garage jewelry". It just doesn't work for me.

I would be curious to see what you guys are getting with regards to saved fuel/milage on systems that do appear to function correctly. Anybody fancy posting their data just for info?
CX-3, Sport Nav, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather Aug 2015
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

I don't keep checking it, but I know it stopped the engine for 9 hours in the first 5000 miles. It would have been more than that, but I hadn't followed the instructions. :lol:
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED