i stop

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
mum@mazda

Post by mum@mazda »

No wonder it NEVER works. Too complicated for it's own good. Gave up on it long ago. The display claims to have saved 80 miles, yes, a whole 80 miles in 30,000!!!!!!
It's been to the dealer 3 times specifically for Istop issues. Its a 60 mile round trip, so really, it's caused 100 miles of extra emissions. BONUS!!!!!
CX-3, Sport Nav, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather Aug 2015

AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

It's *got* to be complicated otherwise the battery would be going flat continually I'd imagine? Perhaps if people realised its complexity beforehand they'd not worry about it so much? - not having a dig at anyone but personally once I'd understood that istop relies on an awful lot of conditions I sat back and let it get on with it.
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
santa

Post by santa »

AndyRen wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:27 pm It's *got* to be complicated otherwise the battery would be going flat continually I'd imagine? Perhaps if people realised its complexity beforehand they'd not worry about it so much? - not having a dig at anyone but personally once I'd understood that istop relies on an awful lot of conditions I sat back and let it get on with it.
Spot on, mine has worked perfectly for 4 years now, even in cold weather and and I'm still on the battery.
When it doesn't kick in, I know there's a reason for it.
Mazda CX-30 2.0 150HP Aut. Cosmo w. Tech Pack in Arctic White, 2023.
switchback

Post by switchback »

santa wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:02 am
AndyRen wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:27 pm It's *got* to be complicated otherwise the battery would be going flat continually I'd imagine? Perhaps if people realised its complexity beforehand they'd not worry about it so much? - not having a dig at anyone but personally once I'd understood that istop relies on an awful lot of conditions I sat back and let it get on with it.
Spot on, mine has worked perfectly for 4 years now, even in cold weather and and I'm still on the battery.
When it doesn't kick in, I know there's a reason for it.
Same for me............just let it do what it wants to.
2018 CX3+ Sport Nav 120 Petrol Manual. Machine Grey.
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

I hate the silly gimmick, so needless to say it works relentlessly.
By switching it off before every journey, I make it do what I want it to.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

I wonder how the algorithm works for the i-stop data. On my vehicle it's been operating for 36 hours and 5 minutes but has only extended the range by 281 miles - 0.13 miles per minute of operation.
However I think it's the time using i-stop and not sitting idling & polluting the planet which is the meaningful data.
You do get used to its operation & nuances if you give it a chance.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.