i stop

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Bob b

Post by Bob b »

got car in june this year 66 reg sports nav i stop worked fine since weather turned colder its stopped working could it be the battery run down

BWJ

Post by BWJ »

Same shit here, dealer tell me its normal :shock:
CX3 2.0, Aut. Nav. Optimum SRC. dec. 2019.
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

There's an awful lot of conditions to meet for istop to work - state of charge of battery, outside temp, heater on, amongst others... Mine won't work for days\week, then all of a sudden it'll kick in!
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
Deleted User 1096

Post by Deleted User 1096 »

If you read up about how the engine istop system works you will realise that as it it is a heat thing.. so if it is cold it will not function as often as when it is hot.. it uses the heat generated by the engine to restart it - so if there is not enough heat in the first place it will not stop the engine until there is.. and then maybe for not as long as in the summer for the previous mentioned reasoning..
Deleted User 1096

Post by Deleted User 1096 »

Bob b wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:52 pm got car in june this year 66 reg sports nav i stop worked fine since weather turned colder its stopped working could it be the battery run down
..it does not rely on \ use the battery..
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

some of the conditions needed for istop to work -
AndyRen

Post by AndyRen »

Witfit wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:06 pm ..it does not rely on \ use the battery..
Agreed (sort of), but the lights, heater, radio etc do whilst istop is in play... And there's a settings screen somewhere relating to istop which includes a "battery ready\not ready" condition which plays a part I think.
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Witfit wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:06 pm
Bob b wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:52 pm got car in june this year 66 reg sports nav i stop worked fine since weather turned colder its stopped working could it be the battery run down
..it does not rely on \ use the battery..
It uses a combination of combustion and starter motor to restart after i-stop has worked. So the battery does have an impact. Check out below :-

Mazda-i-stop-Explained.gif

Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
Bob b

Post by Bob b »

thanks everybody for replying
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

For interest, the following Mazda document shows the complexity of the conditions that have to be met before the engine is stopped or restarted by i-stop. The chart is for a Mazda 6 with SKYACTIV-D 2.2 engine, but I imagine that the operation conditions from the various sensors will be the same or pretty similar across SKYACTIV engines.
https://euroesi.mazda.co.jp/esicont/eu_ ... 08900.html
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd