Cancelling sat nav route

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Dogfuzz

Post by Dogfuzz »

Quite often find I don't need my selected route anymore--thus need to CANCEL ROUTE-but...
I press command knob and scroll endlessly through -for me unnecessary choices trying to find the NORMAL menu options at the base of the screen-but they are not there? what stupid thing am I doing wrong?
I know I could use the steering wheel voice command-but i prefer the quick flick off screen option please.
On sunday-I had my wife sat next to me whilst we screamed with frustration at the screen--then she had a go whilst i kept an eye on the road ahead.Eventually we just gave up and listened whilst the dumb vocal commands droned on and on!
Help please-I am sure it's sooooo simple
CX-3 SPORT NAV ,5 DOOR HATCHBACK,1998CC,PETROL-2018

AJESSEX

Post by AJESSEX »

I await replies to this as well
My 2018 Sport Nav + does exactly the same. The cancelling icon is only accessible whilst the car is stationary.My wife and I have given up using the system as it is so annoying.
Have to say,the nav and infotainment system generally is poor in our opinion.Shame,as it’s a great little car.
2018 CX3 Sport Nav+ petrol AWD.
Jet Black.

Lincolnshire Wolds.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Whilst on the map screen (with the car moving or stationary), use the Commander Knob to select ^ icon at the bottom of the screen to bring up the navigation menu, then select flag with x icon to cancel the current route.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Deleted User 1511

Post by Deleted User 1511 »

I find the info system very intuitive and simple to use. The use of buttons, rather than a touch sensitive screen with multiple layered menus, is far safer than that in many contemporaries. That is not just my view - it is commented on by many testers. If you think Mazda is poor, try using the touch screen in a Tesla to change the interior temperature settings....

Perhaps some time with the owners handbook, whilst parked safely on the drive, would pay dividends.
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

I find the vocal command the easiest to use. Just pressing the steering wheel button then stating "cancel route" when asked, confirming by stating "yes" when asked if I want to cancel works every time for me. Plus means I can concentrate on the road ahead with two hands on the wheel. Did find initially I had to increase the volume setting - a one off action - when in the voice commands function so it picks up my voice fully.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
AJESSEX

Post by AJESSEX »

Not a question of looking at the handbook.I have done all that.The icon in question is not on our screen whilst in motion.As I said,we now don’t bother as if we travel to areas we don’t know well we use our BMW which has the far superior I drive system.This has both touch screen or controller and we rarely use touch screen.And,I have no intention of buying a Tesla so that won’t be a problem!
2018 CX3 Sport Nav+ petrol AWD.
Jet Black.

Lincolnshire Wolds.
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

We've also had problems finding the cancel route option - it could well be that we're doing something wrong, but two (reasonably intelligent) adults surely can't be making the same mistake... at the same time... can we?
Plus our CX-3 refuses to carry out *any* of my wife's vocal commands - which i understand is not just a Mazda thing, some of her friends have similar problems with their other marques, but if you ever see a soul red CX-3 with a red faced woman screaming uncontrollably at her steering wheel.... it's her! :shock:
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
Boyle de Cabbage

Post by Boyle de Cabbage »

error
Mazda paint is crap! Mazda should be ashamed of themselves!.
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

AndyRen wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:46 am We've also had problems finding the cancel route option - it could well be that we're doing something wrong, but two (reasonably intelligent) adults surely can't be making the same mistake... at the same time... can we?
Plus our CX-3 refuses to carry out *any* of my wife's vocal commands - which i understand is not just a Mazda thing, some of her friends have similar problems with their other marques, but if you ever see a soul red CX-3 with a red faced woman screaming uncontrollably at her steering wheel.... it's her! :shock:

As I said in my post above "...... Did find initially I had to increase the volume setting - a one off action - when in the voice commands function so it picks up my voice fully."

Has your wife tried doing this?
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

I'm at work at the moment, but in the past I've used the cancel route icon whilst driving, so I know it works. I'll post again later if I can make it any clearer.

casncel route.png

Fourth icon from left once you've brought up the menu whilst on the map screen.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd