Cancelling sat nav route

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

I often cancel mine while driving. It doesn't appear to be a problem.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED

HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

And me - as per JT's post. It's the wife's back seat driving I can't cancel or mute :lol:
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
Dogfuzz

Post by Dogfuzz »

Look forward to hearing from JTonline again on this-It seems that what I need help with is finding how to bring up the navigation menu whilst moving--since it is THAT PAGE that holds the icons at the bottom. Once i'm there I can then easily find the cancel route icon.
Thanks JTonline...I think we've nearly cracked it...

Access Navigation menu display whilst driving please....an idiots guide plse!
CX-3 SPORT NAV ,5 DOOR HATCHBACK,1998CC,PETROL-2018
Deleted User 1511

Post by Deleted User 1511 »

As JT posted..

Whilst on the map screen (with the car moving or stationary), use the Commander Knob to select ^ icon ( an up arrow on the far left of the menu bar) ) at the bottom of the screen to bring up the navigation menu, then select flag with x icon to cancel the current route.

It’s quite clear in my handbook- maybe Mazda changed it in later versions?
Last edited by Deleted User 1511 on Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Dogfuzz wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:45 pm Look forward to hearing from JTonline again on this ...
... Access Navigation menu display whilst driving please....an idiots guide plse!
Hi Dogfuzz,

When the map is on the screen, simply press the top of the Commander Knob down once.
This will bring up the navigation menu icons.
Turn the Commander Knob clockwise to highlight each icon in turn.
With the Flag with X (Cancel Route) icon highlighted, press the top of the Commander Knob once and then confirm, when prompted, that you want to cancel the current route.

If there is no current route set, then, for obvious reasons, the Cancel Route icon cannot be selected.

To hide the navigation menu, select the far left icon which will have toggled from an upwards pointing arrowhead, to a downwards pointing one.

I confirmed these steps for you on the way home from work this evening, so as not to give you wrong info.

Also, remember that the touchscreen doesn't work if the car is moving more than a snail's pace, so you need to use the Commander Knob (or voice control).

I hope this has been useful.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
BWJ

Post by BWJ »

jtonline wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:34 pm
Dogfuzz wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:45 pm Look forward to hearing from JTonline again on this ...
... Access Navigation menu display whilst driving please....an idiots guide plse!
Hi Dogfuzz,

When the map is on the screen, simply press the top of the Commander Knob down once.
This will bring up the navigation menu icons.
Turn the Commander Knob clockwise to highlight each icon in turn.
With the Flag with X (Cancel Route) icon highlighted, press the top of the Commander Knob once and then confirm, when prompted, that you want to cancel the current route.

If there is no current route set, then, for obvious reasons, the Cancel Route icon cannot be selected.

To hide the navigation menu, select the far left icon which will have toggled from an upwards pointing arrowhead, to a downwards pointing one.

I confirmed these steps for you on the way home from work this evening, so as not to give you wrong info.

Also, remember that the touchscreen doesn't work if the car is moving more than a snail's pace, so you need to use the Commander Knob (or voice control).

I hope this has been useful.

1.jpg

2.jpg

CX3 2.0, Aut. Nav. Optimum SRC. dec. 2019.
Dogfuzz

Post by Dogfuzz »

Thankyou again JTOnline for yr extra detail--i'll try tomorrow..... your pics revealed all!.....I am not sitting in the car or moving at the mo-so tmrrw will assume that-when moving with a route selected- one gentle push on top of the command knob will pull up the navigation menu icons then it's easy to see the icons and the cancel route "flag&x" icon.....
I'll post when I've done !...hurray!
V helpful and thanks
Dogfuzz

Post by Dogfuzz »

Thanks again JTOnLine-tried this an hour ago and it works a treat....excellent
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Dogfuzz wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:07 pm Thanks again JTOnLine-tried this an hour ago and it works a treat....excellent
You're welcome :)
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

How glad I am that I bought an SE without the built in sat nav. No such problems with my trusty Garmin, which I can move from car to car.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.