Vibration

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Beezageoff

Post by Beezageoff »

Today, I collected my car from the body shop, having had a new rear bumper fitted ((£900). However, on the way home, when the car engine was ticking over at the traffic lights, I noticed a distinct vibration from the engine through the streering wheel. I also noticed it when I put my hand on the exterior door handle. Presumably, the battery had to be disconnected when the old bumper was removed due to the rear sensors, fog light etc, so Im wondering if something they've done, has upset one of the electronic wotsits!!! Any ideas anyone :?:
CX3 30/10/2018 Sat Nav+ 2litre Petrol Manual

AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Was it early on in your journey and was it quite cold? as engines can possibly be a bit 'rumbly' when they've not reached a suitable temp? (and the CX-3 does tick over at very low revs) or *possibly* something not tightened? Or exhaust touching the new bumper/bodywork?

Just to confirm, I recently had a rear bumper replacement and no vibration issues - not that I'd expect any.
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
Beezageoff

Post by Beezageoff »

Thanks for your reply. Ive just started it up from cold and the vibration isnt so noticable, but its still slightly there, so it obviously gets worse as the engine warms up. I would add, in the 12 months that Ive had the car, Ive not had any vibration what so ever. Ive checked the exhaust and there doesnt appear to be anything touching. Im taking it back to the body shop tomorrow (Friday) and they're going to have a look at it. I wouldnt have expected a replacment bumper to have any kind of affect on the car (other than aesthetically improving its appearance!!!!)
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

All very strange! I assume the boot lid locks down ok with the new rear end? No rattles\vibration there?
Let us know if they find something.
Stagman

Post by Stagman »

Hope it’s not contagious as I pick mine up from body shop tomorrow after having new rear bumper fitted. Had a hired Ford Kuga manual diesel, driving gently on a 200 mile run got low 40’s mpg, not as good as my petrol auto. Can’t wait to get the Mazda back.
Dec 2015 Meteor Grey, Sport nav petrol auto.
Totnes
Devon
Beezageoff

Post by Beezageoff »

Well, I duly returned the car to the body shop. They put it up on a ramp and invited me to have a look under. All appeared ok. Nothing touching anything. I'll have to put it down to a coincidence! I cant really see how a bumper replacement could make the car vibrate! I'll get it checked out next time it goes for a service.
AndyRen

Post by AndyRen »

Perhaps a change in fuel then?