Don't update your sat nav maps..

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Deleted User 1511

Post by Deleted User 1511 »

I've just received this from Mazda..

We would like to inform you about a possible problem you may encounter when purchasing a new map update for your MZDConnect navigation system via the Mazda Toolbox.

Due to a technical error, installing the purchased map update on your SD card might not be possible temporarily.

Don’t worry, we assure you that your rights for the map update will stay with your account. As soon as the technical issue is fixed, you will be able to install the content. We will inform you right away when the problem is fixed.

In case you are about to make a purchase, we recommend you wait until you receive an email from us, or you can contact your nearest Mazda dealership for further details. Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences caused.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

riddler

Post by riddler »

I had an issue last month when the 2019 update was released. I downloaded the maps via Mazda Toolbox and then the SD card became corrupted and I lost all mapping and traffic sign recognition functionality. The dealer was utterly useless saying you need a new SD card £509 please. After talking to customer services I was put in touch with the technical people at Mazda Connect (who are based in Germany) they admitted there was a software fault with Mazda Toolbox which can cause it to wipe the SD card completely. They provided this evidence to the dealer who then ordered a replacement which works perfectly.
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

When you update don't you backup the info on the SD card first? Can't you then restore the data?
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
riddler

Post by riddler »

It kept reaching 100% on the update then crashing and starting again. There were no backups saved on the SD card somehow it wiped itself. When I got the new card everything was there including my home location and all the routes that I had in the history. Which was a bit spooky.
Deleted User 1511

Post by Deleted User 1511 »

I've just received this from Mazda

Dear Mazda Toolbox User,

We are happy to inform you that the map update installation error for your MZDConnect navigation system has been fixed.
1. If you made a purchase or redeemed a code and could not install the map, please start the Toolbox again, insert your SD card and log in. The Toolbox will automatically offer the purchased map for installation.
2. If you haven't purchased anything yet, you can now do so without any foreseen installation problems. Just start the Toolbox and follow the on-screen instructions to update your map.