Multiple warning icons came on during heavy rain

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
elliotg

Post by elliotg »

I have a 2 months old Mazda cx-3 which has been running very well. However something strange happened today. I was driving in a heavy downpour when I noticed that about 10 amber indicators came on the dashboard. But the car seemed to be working fine. I could not stop the car immediately yo check things because I was in heavy traffic but did as soon as I could and then decided to switch the engine off. It seemed reluctant to allow me to switch off but after pressing the button a few time it did so. I then switched back on and it started immediately and the once running the dash had no warning icons. I have used a bit since and all still seems well.

I did not have time to identify the amber indicators, except for the iStop one which had been flashing amber. And the one I think says that the lane warning was switched off.

I assume it was something electrical as I cannot believe so many functions went wrong at the same time. Any ideas?

Beezageoff

Post by Beezageoff »

Ive noticed the odd warning light coming on when the weather is bad. I put it down to the laser beam on the front camera being unable to work properly due to the camera lens being covered in spray etc.
CX3 30/10/2018 Sat Nav+ 2litre Petrol Manual
NickW

Post by NickW »

I get the changing lane departure warning and the smart brake support lights coming on if the morning's frosty.
Mazda CX 3 SE L 2.0 Auto in jet black
elliotg

Post by elliotg »

It has been all fine since that incident. I had about 10 warning icons on the dash board, but I am willing to believe that it was due to various systems being unable to operate through the very heavy rain. I will be keeping my eye out for any re-occurrence and get a photo of which icons come up if the issue returns.
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

NickW wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:07 pm I get the changing lane departure warning and the smart brake support lights coming on if the morning's frosty.
The most common fault reported to the service department of my local Mazda dealer...it's a design fault and although annoying it does clear in time.
Dogfuzz

Post by Dogfuzz »

If that happened to me I would tell the dealer that I would be ringing Mazda Assist. Dealer would probably encourage this since it means a "diagnostic emergency" is not clogging their service bays.
A Mazda Assist technician will call at your house and throughly check it through. They will even give you paperwork re what was checked --and outcome.
If a fault found-then dealer and Mazda Assist can sort it out.
CX-3 SPORT NAV ,5 DOOR HATCHBACK,1998CC,PETROL-2018