reversing sensor stopped working after bumper replacement

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
March

Post by March »

Following a minor incident with a bollard, I have had a replacement bumper fitted but now the reversing sensors are not working.
A diagnostic check reveals nothing. When I select reverse (manual gearbox) there is no longer a tone. However, when I start the car there is a long, then short tone which was not there before. All helpful suggestions welcome.

Deleted User 1511

Post by Deleted User 1511 »

Take it back to who ever fixed the bumper....
March

Post by March »

sorry, I think you misread my post. I specified helpful suggestions.
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

It was working before the bumper was damaged and now after replacing the bumper it isn't.
The above advice is correct... whoever fitted the bumper has not connected the reversing sensors correctly.
Deleted User 1096

Post by Deleted User 1096 »

MJC1216 wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:15 pm It was working before the bumper was damaged and now after replacing the bumper it isn't.
The above advice is correct... whoever fitted the bumper has not connected the reversing sensors correctly.
..more to the point were they still working after the collision..
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

You're getting error tones. One or more of the ultrasonic sensors were either damaged by the bollard incident, or haven't been connected correctly during the bumper replacement.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Deleted User 1511

March wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:10 pm sorry, I think you misread my post. I specified helpful suggestions.
Why would you want to spend time and money to fix something you have already paid someone else to do???

As others have agreed with, take it back to who ever bodged the bumper
Last edited by Deleted User 1511 on Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 1096

Post by Deleted User 1096 »

March wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:10 pm sorry, I think you misread my post. I specified helpful suggestions.
That is the only helpful suggestion.. if they worked before they went in and they do not now.. the they have not been correctly refitted or had a PDI.. so what else have they taken a short cut on..
March

Post by March »

Of course I have taken it back!
Of course it was working before the damage occurred!
Nothing is showing on the diagnostics.

Now instead of sending daft replies, does anyone know what the long and short tones signify?
Deleted User 1511

At a wild guess, i think the tones mean the sensors aren’t working :)

See the post from JTOnline for more details...