Not using CX3-

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Dogfuzz

Post by Dogfuzz »

Cant' see myself using my CX3 much in the next weeks or months. Haven't used it for the last fortnight.

So today, started car up, warmed it and ran it gently for 25 minutes. I released handbrake, repositioned vehicle, applied footbrake a few times, then switched everything off. Will repeat in a week.

I know others might say take it for a good run-but I don't want to be caught and given a telling off for not obeying the motoring guidance and just as importantly-I don't want a puncture/breakdown then face the heavy penalty and shame of having to call out for emergency help.

I suppose i could remove the battery-but what the heck.
CX-3 SPORT NAV ,5 DOOR HATCHBACK,1998CC,PETROL-2018

Strangways

Post by Strangways »

I'm the same as you Dogfuzz. I was running just the MX5 every weekend, but now I run both of them.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
mum@mazda

Post by mum@mazda »

Trickle charger on here. These are strange times. Maybe istop will work after 3 weeks charging. Nah, it isn't that strange just yet.😁😁😁
CX-3, Sport Nav, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather Aug 2015
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

Have to use mine as key worker...great that the roads are empty and petrol cheap. :)
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Have to go shopping perhaps once a week, so until starting becomes a problem I'll leave well alone I think.
My mobile shed (Kangoo) on the other hand has only been used very infrequently since last October so I can see myself having to pull its battery once *again* for an overnight charge - not a job I relish as sockets/extension rods/strong tape/small spanners and plasters are employed - plus the battery itself has to be twisted 90 deg's just to get the b*gg"r out :roll:
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

MJC1216 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:09 pm Have to use mine as key worker...great that the roads are empty and petrol cheap. :)
You have my respect.
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...