Arm rest fitting instructions

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

OK, as promised I will set out the fitting instructions for the deep armrest. It may provide a direct replacement for the shallow US version or it might be a refit but you guys will get a good idea by comparing yours to the photos here.

The part number is DB2W-V0-630 for the CX3 and DA6C-V0-630 for the Mazda 2. The price is approximately £120 ($180) and I’m sure there would be some overseas postage. The part is widely available in the UK and I understand that this company will post overseas;

Genuine Mazda CX-3 Centre Arm Rest - DB2WV0630 | eBay

I have scanned the supplied instructions and they are attached for reference BUT! Be aware that unlike the instructions suggest, it is not necessary to completely remove the console. The steps numbered here do not match the attached pdf!

1. Lift out the rear trinket box from the console. A trim tool like one of these can be used;

TRIXES Car Non - Scratch Upholstery Trim Removal Kit & Valet Tool Set: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

....or you can use a taped screwdriver. I just pulled mine out with my finger nails;

You US guys will have to remove your existing arm rest if fitted.

2. Now you need to position the arm rest over the console in order to mark the holes. I’ve cut this picture out of the instructions so you can see. Place the arm rest in position and centre it by eye. Use a sharp pencil to mark the for holes underneath;

3. Now using a pilot drill then an 8mm drill, you can carefully make the holes in the console;

....and use a countersink or large drill to clear the swarf;

4. Now, moving to the front seat, get your finger nails or trim tool under the edge of the gear stick surround and gently ease it up evenly to detach it;

5. Make sure the handbrake is fully applied and although I didn’t disconnect the battery, you might prefer to. Next, put your finger under the handbrake filler panel and pull it out;

6. Get your hand under the back of the upper console panel and pull it up to detach it (it will be stiff but it will come);

7. Lift it over the handbrake lever and detach the plug from the command controller. Place the panel to one side. To fit the arm rest and provide the necessary stiffness to resist leaning on it, you will have to fit this bracket inside the shell of the console;

8. Now you have to get nasty and break out the access holes in the rear console which allow you to get a socket on the fixing bolts below. I used a screwdriver;

9. Now undo the two phillips screws;

At this stage, I lifted the rear of the console and propped it up on an aerosol lid. If anyone wants to go the whole hog and take the console off, let me know and I will post up the photo guide.

10. Those fixing screws go into a small bridging bracket under the console. You are going to use the nuts that hold it down to secure that big bracket I showed you earlier. Put a 12mm socket through the access hole and undo the nuts;

11. Now with the console slightly raised and propped as described, you can manoeuvre that big bracket inside the rear of the console and on top of that existing bracket. When in position it looks like this (sorry for the strange camera angle but on my own I was taking pictures with my teeth!);

12. Next, this beautifully made bracket is added and to make things easier, it is marked up to show the front;

It has to be fitted on top of the heavy bracket and the instructions are very specific that it must not go on top of the carpet. Once in place, put your socket back through and tighten the nuts back up;

13. Once tightened, you can lower the console back over the bracket and replace the two phillips screws. You can see the bracket in position inside the console shell here;

14. Now you can put the console panel back on remembering to plug in the command controller. Pop the trim back around the gear stick and the filler panel under the handbrake. Now lower the arm rest over the console and use the supplied fixings - black to the sides and bright with domed screw caps to the rear. It looks like this when assembled;

Here are the complete pdf instructions as promised;
Low res.pdf
(740.4 KiB) Downloaded 2148 times
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD

p6nsh

Post by p6nsh »

Thanks anchorman for a very detailed fitting instruction.I will have a go fitting it myself now instead of paying a dealer
Machine Grey Sport Nav+ 150ps AWD Auto with safety Pack
Duke

Post by Duke »

thank you very much for this, i will be attemping this in a few days
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Duke wrote:thank you very much for this, i will be attemping this in a few days
;)
Dachshund

Post by Dachshund »

:D Thank u wery Much anchorman for the wery good instructions, much more easy than descrived in the manual, it took me one hour to install my new armrest, and the end result is perfect :)
JGARRIDO

Post by JGARRIDO »

Estimado Buen día quiero agradecer por tu ayuda con la explicación tan bien detallada y con las fotografías para la instalación de mi apoya brazos en mi mazda cx3 gt me fue muy útil, saludos desde santiago de Chile. 8-)

5 instalacion.jpg

4 instalacion.jpg

3 instalacion.jpg

2 instalacion.jpg

1 instalacion.jpg

anchorman

Post by anchorman »

You are welcome.

And welcome to the club.
twin_suns

Post by twin_suns »

Sorry for the bump but it's relevant! So I've just got a used CX-3 that has this armrest fitted, however I DON'T like it so my query is the reverse! I have removed the armrest but am struggling to find the 'trinket box' to fill the hole on eBay etc.

It's a long shot but does anyone have one from a CX-3 / Mazda 2 that they'd be willing to sell to me? Or at the very least does anyone what the part number is so I can have a better shot at finding one? Thanks!
07/17 CX-3 Sport Nav, Crystal Soul Red, 2.0 Petrol, 2WD, Automatic
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

twin_suns wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:03 pm ...Or at the very least does anyone what the part number is so I can have a better shot at finding one? Thanks!
You haven't put any vehicle year or model details in your forum signature. However, the part can be ordered from the spare parts department of a Mazda dealer.

For my car, the part number is D09W-64-470 02 and the RRP is £12.36.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
twin_suns

Post by twin_suns »

That's exactly what I'm looking for! Many thanks for the part number!
07/17 CX-3 Sport Nav, Crystal Soul Red, 2.0 Petrol, 2WD, Automatic