Wing mirror paint

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

jtonline wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:55 pm Hmm., if it was matt then I guess, unlike the pre-painted ones, it was primed & meant to be painted by a bodyshop prior to fitting :?: Let's see what Thursday brings :roll:
it was painted Julian just the same as the car colour machine grey. all this is down to the computer not recognising the afterthought of the special edition. in fairness to the dealer, they have only taken on the franchise in this garage in Horsham. it is a ford dealer at present and it's now a Mazda dealer. the ford part has now moved to Crawley
Lexus 250h UX premium sport edition

fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

jtonline wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:55 pm Hmm., if it was matt then I guess, unlike the pre-painted ones, it was primed & meant to be painted by a bodyshop prior to fitting :?: Let's see what Thursday brings :roll:
hi Julian
it went very well. they come in pairs only from japan, not like the machine grey from Taiwan in a single cover only. I can't tell you the cost as they just charged me £35 pounds plus vat for the single cover.

the car is very specific as it was a limited edition and the computer does not show up adds on's which these covers are apparently so you have to get the part number from japan.

jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Good news 8-)
That'll teach you for having a swanky Special Edition :lol:
(P.S: I was correct about Brilliant Black, then.)
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

jtonline wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:36 pm Good news 8-)
That'll teach you for having a swanky Special Edition :lol:
(P.S: I was correct about Brilliant Black, then.)
indeed you were correct :D
the garage didn't have any special deals on and told me to stick with what I have :shock: