Entering post code in satnav

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

I had the same problem this morning. I wanted ME17 1EX and it wouldn't accept anything past the ME17. I then inserted the town, but it couldn't find the street. I had to go to the map to find the street and then click on it before it would be accepted. I have just updated my old Garmin for the next time I need to use say nav.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED

ivan@raf

Post by ivan@raf »

Thanks for that. I know it's no consolation but I'm relieved to think I'm not the only one.
09/17 CX3 2.0L petrol Sport Nav 5dr. Manual. Colour ceramic. Getting 39+ mpg
Deleted User 1511

Post by Deleted User 1511 »

How old are your maps?

Are those new(ish) post codes?
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

The post code and road name are old, but the day nav couldn't find either until I clicked on the map and then it showed them both. So they are in the system.
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

I recall having something similar. When you input LE & the screen displays additional letters & numbers ignore them (the predictive text)and continue to put the full postcode with space in. The software seems to want to predict your input but for some reason doesn't.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

HouseSpider wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:38 pm I recall having something similar. When you input LE & the screen displays additional letters & numbers ignore them (the predictive text)and continue to put the full postcode with space in. The software seems to want to predict your input but for some reason doesn't.
Tried that, it wouldn't let me enter anything after I put in ME17, but if I clicked on the location the map it knows the post code and road name. It may well work if I try it now, but it certainly isn't a Sat Nav to rely on.
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

Interesting. I input both postcodes without issue into my satnav.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
lhcmazda

Post by lhcmazda »

I put both the post codes into the sat nav with a space between the two codes i.e. "XX12 space ZZ99" and it worked without a problem.
2018 CX-3 Machine Grey 2.0 Petrol 150ps Auto Sports Nav AWD plus Safety Pack
Deleted User 1511

Post by Deleted User 1511 »

Same for me - no problem entering either postcode

As above, you need to input the full set of characters and not be mislead by the apparent auto fill
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

I think it just depends what mood the car is in when you press the starter button. If it wants to go for a drive you can input it without a problem, but if it sees too many cyclists on the road it would rather stay on the drive. :D