Entering post code in satnav

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
ivan@raf

Post by ivan@raf »

I have had my CX3 for nearly three years now from new. Until today I can't recall trying to enter new destination using postcode. I have always used address.
Today I spent a frustrating 30 mins trying to work out how to enter postcode and actually gave up.
I tried to enterLE11 2AF. I enter LE11 but when I try to enter the 2AF bit it displays LE12 or displays some place like Leeds. Anybody any clue as to where I am going wrong please? First complaint I've had about my car. I've followed the instruction word for word. Sofware is latest version.
09/17 CX3 2.0L petrol Sport Nav 5dr. Manual. Colour ceramic. Getting 39+ mpg

Deleted User 1511

Post by Deleted User 1511 »

Did you enter the space between LE11 and 2AF

Which field are you entering the postcode in?
ivan@raf

Post by ivan@raf »

Yes I've tried the space along with about everything else. Doesn't seem to help. Instructions from Mazda just say enter. I enter along the line where it says enter address or post code.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Once you enter the LE11 you have to manually tap the spacebar before you enter the 2AF, otherwise you get the result you described.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
ivan@raf

Post by ivan@raf »

Do you mean I have to use the touch screen rather than the knob by the gear stick?
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

ivan@raf wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:43 am Do you mean I have to use the touch screen rather than the knob by the gear stick?
You can use the "knob by the gear stick" but as previously said you have to put a space between LA11 and the next bit of the post code.

Scroll down to space bar and click on that and then enter the rest of the post code.
ivan@raf

Post by ivan@raf »

Thanks to all who have replied but still no joy. Here is what happens
Screen says "Enter address or post code"
Entered L
Get "Leicester" on screen
Entered E
Get "LE1space1 on screen
At this point if I try to delete the second 1 and space it reverts to "Leicester"
If I enter another one get LE12space5 displayed.
Nothing I do with space bar makes a difference.
Now I am not a total idiot and I have used some fairly advanced software during my career, but this has baffled me totally.
Supposed to be intuitive for the "man in the street".
Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

I'm at work at the moment so can't check. I'll try the process tonight in my car with the postcode you've used and report back.
What is the OS Version on your infotainment? When were the maps last updated by you?
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
ivan@raf

Post by ivan@raf »

I updated the latest maps earlier this year when the new version came out. Don't know about the other thing. Thanks for your reply
ivan@raf

Post by ivan@raf »

I went out to have one last desperate attempt and it worked fist time. Thanks for your offers of help.
I tried another post code of my son in Lancashire and that worked as well. Can't seem to get much success adding to favourites though. The add current destination always seems to be greyed out.