Insurance renewal -experience

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Dogfuzz

Post by Dogfuzz »

Usual annual on line hassle, but this time a 50% hike(£250-£350) in comprehensive insurance from my existing company where I have been for 3 years, making it totally uncompetitive.

Spoke to nice "broker"( sales chap?) of said company who took me through the usual checks to see if he could "better it" . Company had initially failed to reduce the 2019 value(£17,000?) of the car( say now around £14,000 tops) and that made a small difference...company now quoting £300. Otherwise no reductions possible. I have made no claims and my 2019 circumstances have not changed .

Are brokers not looking favourably at Mazdas and Mazda owners any more?. One major company quoted even more than my 50% hike-and most insurance majors on the comparison sites were £300 but without bells and whistles like courtesy car , legal cover and big excesses of £450 etc etc

Needless to say, I am now switched to a well known firm that favours the over 50's-you know the one i mean. Quote for annual fully comprehensive £242., £250 excess, courtesy car and windscreen glass protection(£75 excess) . Job done.

Phew!
CX-3 SPORT NAV ,5 DOOR HATCHBACK,1998CC,PETROL-2018

lhcmazda

Post by lhcmazda »

Which company as I have my renewal due in September
2018 CX-3 Machine Grey 2.0 Petrol 150ps Auto Sports Nav AWD plus Safety Pack
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Always use the online comparison sites as the renewal price of 'last years' company is almost always over the top! I change companies every year for car and house insurance. Go Compare give you an automatic £250 'excess' insurance and if you're unluckily enough to have a prang use 'Call Mazda First' (available to all Mazda owners) and your insurance company most likely won't even get involved!
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...