Random locking and unlocking

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Nodrogmac

Post by Nodrogmac »

Started a couple of weeks ago that the locking system seems to be playing up. First off I opened the passenger door with the door button put my stuff in the car including the key and then shut the door. The car immediately locked itself! I had to get the spare key. Next another time unlocked the car again using the door button and then it rapidly locked and unlocked itself for about 30 seconds until I started the ignition. At work the other day I couldn’t lock the car but that is not the first time that’s happened there. I had to lock the car with the key fob. Just wondering if anyone else is aware of this issue. Wondering if it’s the temperature. Wondering if it’s lack of use. Any one any reasonable ideas please. Cheers.
Cx3 blue Petrol 2wd 2016

HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

Key fob battery?
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
Nodrogmac

Post by Nodrogmac »

Just checked the battery and it was quite low. Replaced now so will see what happens. Thanks for the suggestion.
Cx3 blue Petrol 2wd 2016