Random folding mirror issue.

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
switchback

Post by switchback »

Strange things have started happening........

Sometimes the mirrors don't open when unlocking.
Sometimes they close a few minutes after opening the boot( with boot left open).
Sometimes they close when you open the drivers door and then open when starting the car.

Always start to close when operating either the inside or outside drivers door handles.

I cycled them through the different operating modes to try and reset the system but no joy...........
2018 CX3+ Sport Nav 120 Petrol Manual. Machine Grey.

HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

I sometimes have issues with my folding door mirrors. However I have found out that my particular issue is caused by how my wife opens the car when she uses it.
She tends to use the buttons on the key fob to unlock the car. This seems to upset the auto-folding. When I use it as I use the button on the handle and the smart keyless entry.
The only way I have found to reset it is to start the vehicle and then use the mirror adjust knob to fold the mirrors in and out a couple of times. It's a bit hit & miss but once done it seems to work until I lend the vehicle to my wife again!
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
switchback

Post by switchback »

I'll give that a try........
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

switchback wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:39 pm I'll give that a try........
Did you manage to sort it?
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
switchback

Post by switchback »

No, still the same. They are going to look into it when it goes in for a service in a few weeks time.
ghcx3

Post by ghcx3 »

Not sure if this was resolved, but had similar type issue myself. Identified as door actuator issue , replaced under warranty without fuss.

Mazda garage stated they were well aware of the fault.

best wishes
CX3 GT Sport Metallic grey 2018 model
switchback

Post by switchback »

Yes, it's going in for a new relay in the drivers door but there's a long lead time for the part. It's a well known issue, something to do with too much lubrication on it during manufacture.
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Mine very occasionally won't close when the car auto locks. Unlocking and locking the car again, using either the key or finger on handle and walk away function, usually gets them to close. Might try one of those lubricants mentioned in another thread the other year to see if that resolves it.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
switchback

Post by switchback »

New relay has been fitted and the mirrors are working as they should now.