Lane departure warning.

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
ivan@raf

Post by ivan@raf »

I do a fair amount of my driving on rural roads and I find the LDWS beep irritating. If I select the ON/OFF push to OFF the warning led lights but the beep continues although the rumble ceases. Have I missed something here re switching it off?
09/17 CX3 2.0L petrol Sport Nav 5dr. Manual. Colour ceramic. Getting 39+ mpg

HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

I have set everything in the Safety section of Settings to the minimum, adaptive selected, and only have the rumble ticked.
Try playing around with these settings.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
ivan@raf

Post by ivan@raf »

Thanks for your reply. I just went out to my car and went through the LDWS menu again. I have adaptive selected (whatever that means) and further down a line says, BEEP and RUMBLE. If rumble is highlighted then there is a choice below it for volume. Same for beep. It seems to be one or other can be highlighted but not both. I've tried just leaving rumble highlighted and leaving menu but still get both indicating.
Have I missed some trick that you spotted?
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

Try resetting it.
I don't get the beep, just the rumble. I've got the warning set to "Rare", low volume & adaptive.
Whilst it still goes off and is annoying, I find it better than having a yellow light on the dash.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

I've turned mine off and put a square of black insulating tape over the warning light on the instrument panel (the active display icon changes anyway so I know if it's on or off). When mine is on it beeps or rumbles, it's one or the other not both. Are you sure the beeping is LDWS?
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
ivan@raf

Post by ivan@raf »

Thanks for your response. I had thought about bleep origin but the only other warning I have set is speed limit exceed and that's a ding ding rather than a bleep. Rumble and beep go off together but I can't see any way in the menu to turn one or other off.
switchback

Post by switchback »

Mine is off all the time with the amber icon lit on the screen. No bleep/no rumble. Off is off............
2018 CX3+ Sport Nav 120 Petrol Manual. Machine Grey.
ivan@raf

Post by ivan@raf »

If I switch it off with amber light on I lose rumble but still get the irritating beep. If it was the other way around I wouldn't mind. The rumble doesn't irritate me.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Try getting an Operating System update. The current version for pre-2019 models is 70.00.367
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

It definitely sounds like you have a fault. I have a 2019 model and I can choose between beep or rumble. I like the rumble, it is rather reassuring so I leave it on all the time and try not to go over the broken white lines. It does sometimes read a repaired road surface as a broken white, but that doesn't really bother me. It is a lovely car to drive, no car is perfect and I think you would need at least 5 cars to cover all your driving wishes. So far I only have 2 and I'm not sure I can afford the other 3.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED